Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Multi Crew Environment and Active Sky L1011 II (Read 497 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Multi Crew Environment and Active Sky L1011 II
Dec 7th, 2020 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
First, it is supported (although for some reason it didn't get included in the install--dev sent it when he realized my frustrations were due to an unsupported airplane). It's pretty impressive how so much is available to the crew--start APU, switch ATMs, overhead, etc.

Second, the support from the dev is tireless and excellent. Never seen better.

Third, this is not easy! Not only have I been a lazy captain, but while the syntax is fairly loose and completely customizable, my MCE notebook has grown to half the size of the L1011 documentation itself. So, right now it is more "MCE sim" than flight sim, and there are some gremlins, but the trend line positive.

Do I think it would be great if I mastered everything and it operated without a hitch? Yep. Am I prepared to say that will happen? Not yet.

My main reason for posting is that I have seen reports that the L1011 is not supported in P3D. Just wanted to correct that. One of the nice things about Captain Sim products is how the community has supported it, and the product has remained, erm, stable since FSX  Wink So, I have yet to find anything that worked in FSX that did not work in P3Dv5.1 HF1 for this particular airplane.

There's a lot of satisfaction in radio navigation if you just program the INS to where the STAR begins. Finally nailed that LEMD approach in the tutorial. MCE lightens the work load, except when MCE becomes the work load. Shows more than enough promise to stick with it for now, though.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: Multi Crew Environment and Active Sky L1011 II
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2020 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Oh, yeah, Active Sky. So far so good without EA, anyway. But got stutters on approach with SimLink installed. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Unistalling SimLink eliminated the problem, but I'm not saying it caused it... there are so many variables I hate put an INOP sticker on anything without a lot more testing. Just asking. But, if you've been holding off for P3Dv5.1 HF1, for me, anyway, AS works great (with the possible SimLink issue excepted).

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top