Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
ALT CAP feature after TO (Read 458 times)
JJRMAND

ALT CAP feature after TO
Dec 6th, 2020 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,

I've just been doing some maneouvers con the Captain Sim 757 FSX to practice some company procedures when I realised that the Low level Altitude Capture is not followed Captain Sim as it should be: during initial climb out and before CLB thrust is selected, there is a specific feature that the AFDS engage when you get ALT CAP.

I've installed the last update v.1.7 but still the same. I just suggest to fix this problem for next versions, below I copy and paste what Boeing manual says:

Low Altitude Level Off
Low Altitude Level Off - During Climb Occasionally, a low altitude climb restriction may be required after takeoff. This level-off altitude should be set in the MCP altitude window. When the airplane approaches this altitude with TO as the engaged pitch mode FMA, the pitch mode
FMA changes to ALT CAP and the autothrottle FMA re-engages into EPR or N1 (as installed). This prevents the thrust levers from rapidly retarding to target the airspeed selected in the IAS/Mach speed window, which is normally set to V2 for takeoff. ALT CAP occurs as a function of climb rate. The higher the climb rate to
the MCP altitude, the sooner ALT CAP engagement occurs. For example, takeoff from sea-level to a 1,000 feet level off altitude results in the pitch mode FMA changing from TO to ALT CAP as low as approximately 400 feet AGL.

During the low-altitude level off, the following technique allows the autothrottle FMA to engage into SPD for proper airspeed control and prevent excessive airspeed increase near the flap placard speed range:
• allow the pitch mode FMA to change from TO to ALT CAP
• immediately set the IAS/Mach speed window to a speed appropriate for flap retraction
• engage the autothrottle SPD mode.

Note: For airplanes with manual climb thrust selection, the CLB switch on the thrust mode select panel (TMSP) must be selected prior to engaging the autothrottle SPD mode to preclude exceeding autothrottle climb thrust limits.

Regards and safe flights,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top