Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
new VC Cockpit textures (Read 1688 times)
jmoore

new VC Cockpit textures
Oct 25th, 2020 at 12:36am
Print Post  
hello all! I've updated the VC textures for the CS757 as the originals were much too grey and didn't look right. I don't know what the policy is for sharing modified files, so instead I'll post the process to convert them. it's quite simple really.
it does require Paint.net (free) and dxtbmp (free)
step 1. find and copy to a new folder these files:
cs757_C_08_t.bmp
cs757_C_19_t.bmp
cs757_C01_t.bmp
cs757_C02_t.bmp
cs757_C03_t.bmp
cs757_C04_t.bmp
cs757_C05_t.bmp
cs757_C06_t.bmp
cs757_C07_t.bmp

step 2. open these files in paint.net. they will need to be converted to 32bit bmp files in dxtbmp. this is simple enough. to convert, simply drag and drop the texture into dxtbmp and save as a bmp file in the 32bit format. make sure the include mip maps option is unchecked.

step 3. this is the fun part. after opening the files in paint.net, add another layer. then take the paint bucket and fill the entire texture with this color. code is:775A45. next double click the layer. set the blend mode to Reflect and the opacity to 180.

step 4. erase the layer from any part of the texture that does not need to be recolored. (the glareshield, knobs, switches, etc...)

step 5. merge the two layers and save. repeat for the remaining textures

step 6. open the textures in DXTBMP again and save them as a bmp DXT3.

step 7. copy these new textures and replace the originals in each repaint. thats it! enjoy a refreshed 757 VC!!!

4.jpg ( 757 KB | 219 Downloads )
4.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top