Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Ground Friction (Read 182 times)
av8r172

Ground Friction
Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Would love to see the ground friction reduced for taxi. Required lots of thrust to maintain speed once rolling. This is also present on the 757 and is the ONLY thing keeping me from purchasing the 767.

IP Logged

L-1011

Re: Ground Friction
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
I think will be easly correct it by editing .cfg file...but I don't how

IP Logged

Beardyman

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Yes, ground friction is not correct - plane is so sticky like there is no such thing as inertia law physics  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Beardyman

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2020 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
CS uses default P3D coefficients which are not far from ancient FS9/FSX, to have correct friction CS should go 'out of the box' to avoid P3D limitations.
That require extra effort.
Same situation we have with APU,engines start up and others based on default P3D logic.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Gingerphile

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Beardyman wrote on Nov 11th, 2020 at 7:24pm:
CS uses default P3D coefficients which are not far from ancient FS9/FSX, to have correct friction CS should go 'out of the box' to avoid P3D limitations.

Yeah, unrealistic ground friction has been with us forever, although a couple of new releases claim they've fixed it. Honestly, I never give it a second thought after all these years. It would be nice, but I think there should be a lot of things higher on the wish list.

The biggest gripe I have is the hyper-sensitive trim. After some trial and error (and learning why different things are in different folders) I got the V-One gauge to work, which at least corrects the actual trim/trim wheel number mismatch. And the TSS sound pack really makes the most of my speakers and subwoofer  Smiley

My wish is that more people appreciated this unique and challenging product. There are so few classic jetliners available for P3D. For a "mere port" she's aged very well. In fact, I haven't even flown my CS 757 III yet and haven't even installed the two new big-hype products I bought from others.

Maybe when I can actually nail that LEMD STAR in the tutorial I'll try something else Roll Eyes Not what I would have started new pilots with.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.1 HF1 | Avatar: Ginger Rogers Nose Art

IP Logged

Beardyman

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
On my list friction issue is positioned very high, same as unrealistic drag, bugs in various systems, fake INS ...., list is long.
Due to those I do not fly much L1011, but still love her and keep my fingers crossed that one day she will be properly fixed.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Gingerphile

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2020 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Perhaps in my case ignorance is bliss. I've done the whole CIVA INS thing back in the day (isn't there a mod for that?) and it was impressive, but I'm a more casual flyer in my old age, I guess.

What would really be nice to to see is a more detailed tutorial, not that the current one is bad. But I remember one written by Angelique Van Campen for a 747 back in the day that I still remember as setting the mark.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.1 HF1 | Avatar: Ginger Rogers Nose Art

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top