Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
N1 values (Read 620 times)
trevors

N1 values
Sep 30th, 2020 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
I would like Alex T to comment here please. I have watched a few videos of the 767 on line with PW engines and I have noticed that at CRZ (FL360 @ M.80) that the N1 readings are 88%. On a second video I watched, also PW engines, the N1 was 86%. Now I know this depends on weight etc, but the CS 767 always displays a value of 79 - 80 % N1. The EPR values appear to be correct though. It sounds like Alex is a real 767 driver, so I would appreciate his response as well as from CS.

Trevor

IP Logged

Alex T

Re: N1 values
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hello!

I’m not a 76 driver, I drive a different aircraft but looking at my company’s charts we don’t have anything about N1 that I can see. Only EPR, sorry!

YouTube  
IP Logged

Nick M - 767333ER

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Engine speed values at cruise are a tricky one as it can depend not only on cruise FL but also on what the winds are doing and what kind of payload the plane is dealing with.

For example, my experience on an A321 flying from YVR-YYC, which is 1 hour 30 gate to gate, the engines don't have to ever work as hard as they have when I have done YYZ-YYC, which is a much longer flight at nearly 4 hours gate to gate if YYZ ground crew gets their act together.

IP Logged

Nick M - 767333ER

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Engine speed values at cruise are a tricky one as it can depend not only on cruise FL but also on what the winds are doing and what kind of payload the plane is dealing with and even possibly how fast they are cruising.

For example, my experience on an A321 flying from YVR-YYC, which is 1 hour 30 gate to gate, the engines don't have to ever work as hard as they have when I have done YYZ-YYC, which is a much longer flight at nearly 4 hours gate to gate if YYZ ground crew gets their act together.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top