Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Poll
Poll Question: Which version do you use?

« Created by: Alex T on: Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:20pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Version 2.0 of my sound pack for the 767 and 757 (Read 10092 times)
Alex T

Version 2.0 of my sound pack for the 767 and 757
Sep 12th, 2020 at 1:56am
Print Post  

YouTube  
IP Logged

failcold

Re: Version 2.0 of my sound pack for the 767 and 757
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Just tried this soundpack for the 767-II and it's AMAZING! Really adds to the immersion, and is up there with the detail that "other" developers products have.

Would recommend that the CS folks integrate your work in to the delivered product Smiley

It would be great if you could implement some turbulence/groundroll rattles and creaks.....

I see you've used a custom gauge to do this - do you have some kind of tutorial as to how to create sound gauges like this?

Great work. Smiley

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
failcold wrote on Sep 15th, 2020 at 7:16pm:
Hi,

Just tried this soundpack for the 767-II and it's AMAZING! Really adds to the immersion, and is up there with the detail that "other" developers products have.

Would recommend that the CS folks integrate your work in to the delivered product Smiley

It would be great if you could implement some turbulence/groundroll rattles and creaks.....

I see you've used a custom gauge to do this - do you have some kind of tutorial as to how to create sound gauges like this?

Great work. Smiley

I'd totally advocate for CS to implement this if they'd like, especially this new version, where they can use the cockpit version.

Thanks for the nice words. Maybe I will try the turb / groundroll! Perhaps that'll be my next feature Smiley

YouTube  
IP Logged

tinosky

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on Sep 15th, 2020 at 8:37pm:
failcold wrote on Sep 15th, 2020 at 7:16pm:
Hi,

Great work. Smiley

I'd totally advocate for CS to implement this if they'd like, especially this new version, where they can use the cockpit version.

Thanks for the nice words. Maybe I will try the turb / groundroll! Perhaps that'll be my next feature Smiley

I agree, these sounds add a whole level of immersion! Looking forward to future versions. Smiley

IP Logged

spence

Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2020 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Amazing job on this soundpack! If this is realistic, the 767 cockpit must be one quiet and comfortable place to be.

IP Logged

failcold

Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Alex, would this pack perhaps work for any other developer's aircraft?

IP Logged

KrisJ

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
The sound immerssion is now great! Thank you!

I have one problem however. Air condissioning sounds are played regardless of pack selector position. Either when they are off, auto or on. Can i fix it somehow?

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
KrisJ wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:05pm:

I have one problem however. Air condissioning sounds are played regardless of pack selector position. Either when they are off, auto or on. Can i fix it somehow?

Hey! I didn’t add any air conditioner sounds. Those are the avionics fans. In real life, those are on regardless of packs. Lots of developers never really made a realistic equipment cooling sound so flight simmers aren’t familiar with how it’s supposed to sound. In the 757, the equipment cooling is run by the left recirculating fan. On the 767 it has its own fan and is just always on.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
failcold wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 2:25pm:

Captain sim Boeings, another company Airbus, and feelthere embraer are the only sounds I’ve made.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
spence wrote on Sep 21st, 2020 at 7:01pm:
Amazing job on this soundpack! If this is realistic, the 767 cockpit must be one quiet and comfortable place to be.

Thanks! Lots of research, sitting and listening really hard while on the real planes, and recordings when into it. I hope people consider it to be close!

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Curious which versions people are using of my sounds.

YouTube  
IP Logged

KrisJ

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2020 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:14pm:
KrisJ wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 5:05pm:

Hey! I didn’t add any air conditioner sounds. Those are the avionics fans. In real life, those are on regardless of packs. Lots of developers never really made a realistic equipment cooling sound so flight simmers aren’t familiar with how it’s supposed to sound. In the 757, the equipment cooling is run by the left recirculating fan. On the 767 it has its own fan and is just always on.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Nick M - 767333ER

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2020 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
failcold wrote on Sep 22nd, 2020 at 2:25pm:

Alex and I have been working together on this stuff for good few months now since I joined forces with him to get the best possible results and we did work together on a version of this for the AS's A320 available for P3D. It functions the same as what is included in these packages here, but it is only distributed though my YouTube channel for now. My current version for download is outdated and not up to the standard of the ones for the 757 and 767 so I have to get to updating it at some point and also migrating it to their A330.

IP Logged

SteamingSpoon66

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2021 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hi AT,
In your Sound Project v2 video, I noticed that the sounds of the switches (buttons/knobs) are different from the CS default. They sound pretty immersive as compared to the default in my opinion. I just installed your sound pack after picking up the 767 on sale but I still have the default switch sounds. Are these an extra/WIP? If so I'd love to have them! Thanks for the great soundpack, it's a must-use with this airplane!

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2021 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
SteamingSpoon66 wrote on Dec 21st, 2021 at 1:27pm:
Hi AT,
In your Sound Project v2 video, I noticed that the sounds of the switches (buttons/knobs) are different from the CS default. They sound pretty immersive as compared to the default in my opinion. I just installed your sound pack after picking up the 767 on sale but I still have the default switch sounds. Are these an extra/WIP? If so I'd love to have them! Thanks for the great soundpack, it's a must-use with this airplane!

Can you please email me? My e-mail is in the readme. There's a reason I didn't include them.  Grin

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top