Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Stab Trim runaway (Read 3922 times)
ChuckO

Stab Trim runaway
Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
The latest CS Captain II 763ER v1.0 release is listed as P3D5 compatible, so just purchased & installed it on my P3D5.0.32.3523 ("HF2") system.  All works well, except that as soon as hyd are on, the stab trim runs away, ANU.  White band all the way nose up.  Stab config warning on takeoff, and airplane isn't controllable in flight. 
I can drive trim back nose down with the yoke thumb switches (or the alternate stab trim levers), but immediately the trim starts moving toward full nose up again.  Stab trim cutoff switches have no effect. 
Checked my CH yoke elevator output with FSUIPC6 - entirely normal.  Not present with P3D5 another company/FSLabs aircraft. 

Can't find any earlier reports of this from P3D4 users.  Has anyone else experienced it?  Guessing it might be a v1.0 or P3D5 related problem. Suggestions on how to resolve it?

Images of trim indicator and horiz stab position attached.

ChuckO

CS_II_stabilizer_full_ANU.JPG ( 48 KB | 82 Downloads )
CS_II_stabilizer_full_ANU.JPG

IP Logged

ChuckO

Re: 767 Captain II (P3D5) Captain II Stab Trim runaway
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Here is the trim indicator - always driven to full aircraft nose up

Stabilizer_trim_indicator_ANU.JPG ( 49 KB | 67 Downloads )
Stabilizer_trim_indicator_ANU.JPG

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
I made a post about this, it wasn't long ago. FSUIPC was the culprit.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
What I did was delete my CS767 profile from FSUIPC and do it over. FSUIPC goes crazy and assigns random buttons to things I'd never asked it to sometimes.

YouTube  
IP Logged

ChuckO

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Good thought, Alex.  Tried deleting the entire CS767 profile, but it made no difference.  Problem present immediately, even before I create a new profile for the airplane.   All my control axes are off in P3D5, and only a few button commands are enabled.
Can you give me a link to your post ?  Surprised I missed it.

Many thanks.

BTW were you/are you using v1.0 in P3D5HF2, or in P3D4.5?

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2020 at 10:22pm
Print Post  

YouTube  
IP Logged

ChuckO

Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2020 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Markoz - I need your help to resolve this P3D5 runway stabilizer/installation related problem.  It occurs only with the CS II 767, and isn't present in any of my other P3D5 aircraft.

Following Alex's suggestion I completely reinstalled FSUIPC with a virgin fsuipc v6.0.10 - so it had no general assignments, no profiles for any aircraft, nothing.  Ran the sim, but discovered it did not fix the runway problem, even with all my axes and buttons completely disabled.   I noted I couldn't stop the runaway using the stab trim cutouts, whereas he could.I Concluded that my problem must be different than Alex's.

Guessing my runaway issue might be due to a corrupted aircraft.cfg or something related, I completely deinstalled Captain Sim II (including all the CS related Simobjects folders and the CS folder in AppData.) Next I completely reinstalled Captain Sim II - it went smoothly.  Launched the default startup, selected the 6 door airplane.  As expected it launched with engines running, and as it settled and the hydraulics came on the trim ran fully ANU as before.   Tried adding just my yoke button in FSUIPC, repeat while held.  The trim responds to the button, but as soon as I let up on the button, it rolls back full nose up.

Am I doing anything wrong on the install or troubleshoot ?  What could the problem be ?   Let me know what additional info you need.

My new CS II v1.0 isn't flyable. I need to find a solution somehow.

Chuck O

IP Logged

ChuckO

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Markoz -
Forgot to mention: I used the FSUIPC troubleshooting Log file capability to look for signs of sticky  keys or other spurious commands to the sim being passed.  Nothing there.  The rollback command is originating within the sim, not from some peripheral.

IP Logged

ChuckO

Re: Stab Trim runaway
Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
No response here in 10 days; apparently CS does not provide tech support.
But new result: installed CS Captain II 763ER v1.0 in Prepar3Dv4.5. 14.34698 (“HF3”).  Using identical FSUIPC profile and USB controllers as in P3D5 5.0.32.3523 (“HF2”) as described above.  Result: No Stab Trim runaway.
Tentative conclusion: 767 Captain II v1 is NOT yet fully P3D5 compatible.  Parking my new airplane and hope hoping is somehow eventually fixed in a future release.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
ChuckO wrote on Sep 15th, 2020 at 10:07pm:
No response here in 10 days; apparently CS does not provide tech support.
But new result: installed CS Captain II 763ER v1.0 in Prepar3Dv4.5. 14.34698 (“HF3”).  Using identical FSUIPC profile and USB controllers as in P3D5 5.0.32.3523 (“HF2”) as described above.  Result: No Stab Trim runaway.
Tentative conclusion: 767 Captain II v1 is NOT yet fully P3D5 compatible.  Parking my new airplane and hope hoping is somehow eventually fixed in a future release.

Of course I don't work for CS but as a bystander, you're the only one with this issue out of all their customers, how can they "fix" it?

YouTube  
IP Logged

ChuckO

Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2020 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
It's called "tech support".

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
ChuckO wrote on Sep 15th, 2020 at 11:42pm:
It's called "tech support".

There's definitely something wrong at your end.
We do not provide PC checkup/setup.

IP Logged

ChuckO

Reply #12 - Sep 16th, 2020 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Good to hear from CS Team at last.  Possible perhaps, but looking over the evidence posted above, can you recommend any troubleshooting steps I might take ?  BTW I have also tried completely uninstalling the CSII from P3D5HF2, (including manual deletion of the residual CS folder uninstaller leaves behind), reinstalling and launching the default startup, with no fsuipc profile.  Stab trim still runs away in P3D5HF2.  Doesn't do it with identical fresh install in P3D4.5HF3.  Nor with any other stock or add-on aircraft in either simulator.

IP Logged

RobinV15

Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Check your keybinds in P3D and make sure to delete any keybind that has to do with trimming the aircraft.

IP Logged

ChuckO

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Robinv15 - Thanks for suggestion.

Just checked my P3D5 controls keybinds list - but found nothing defined that drives control surfaces.  (Had there been, I  also realize I should have seen runaway in other P3D5 aircraft.)  All my aircraft axes/buttons in all my aircraft are programmed via FSUIPC6.  But I don't think runaway can be an FSUIPC6 thing since it still happens even after I remove the FSUIPC6 addon entirely.
I assume you are running CS II 767 in same version of P3D5
?  (HF2)

Other troubleshooting ideas still much appreciated !

Chuck

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top