Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
B772 INS problem (Read 1156 times)
Viking

B772 INS problem
Aug 2nd, 2020 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Not sure when or if this has been reported, but - I cannot get the POS page of the CDU to settle in. I have tried several ways and have reinstalled the 1.8 package twice yet nothing seems to work.

I launch FSX, select the B777-200LR, go to any airport, connect external power, open the CDU to POS page and enter the present lat/long position with the RSK5 button. After a few minutes the text "set inertial pos" line reappears with blank dashes. If I enter the lat/long position again the line clears, then the blank dashes reappear. It will do this several times and it doesn't matter what airport I am at, the same thing happens again and again. I have also turned the ADIRU power switch off, waited a few minutes, turned it back on and waited for the ND panel to show alignment completed, entered lat/long position again and waited for the alignment to complete and go through the position entry again. I have also tried this process as soon as the "set inertial pos"blank line appears with the same result. I have checked page 2 of the POS Init page and the airplane seems to know where it is but I am fairly certain if RSK 5 is still open I can't go.

I followed MarkOz's uninstall process to remove the airplane, but the new install doesn't prompt to register. So maybe there is something else missing. I don't have this problem with my another company airplanes.

I just want it to work. Angry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: B772 INS problem
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2020 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Have you copied the coodinates from the POS Page at LSK4R, into the scratchpad, then pasted them back in at LSK5R (click on LSK4R (copy), then click on LSK5R (paste))? That's how I always do it, and it's never failed to align.

Note. If you are already doing that, and it's not working, then I'm sorry I misunderstood how you said you're doing it.

Reinstalling with the AV off, and using the "Run as admistrator" option, should be enough to fix the problem.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Viking

Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
I'll give it a try but I have already reinstalled it twice. I usually use the procedure you described for initializing but since this problem began I have tried other methods as well without success. Sometimes when I paste the coords in from the CDU scratchpad it enters a different number on its own. I have tried manually entering numbers from FSX itself using the Ctrl-z data, that doesn't work either.

IP Logged

Viking

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2020 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Correction: I enter data manually from Shift-Z in FSX. Anyway I did what you suggested, the problem is still there. After the first attempt I turned off the ADIRU, waited 30 seconds and turned it back on. The CDU prompted for coords after a few seconds which I entered from the scratchpad copy. I watched the countdown from the ND screen and then, another prompt "SET INERTIAL POS" came back up.

If I go to page 2 of the POS Init screen, the airplane seems to know where it is.

????????

Eric Parker

B777_CDU.jpg ( 239 KB | 68 Downloads )
B777_CDU.jpg

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2020 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Interesting! Although it looks like you need to align the INS, it looks like you already are aligned. I aligned mine the way I described above, and other than the actual coordinates, after a while the CDU looks the same (including showing the ---o--.- ----o--.-).
After I initially aligned the INS, the ---o--.- ----o--.- was no longer there (see attached image).

B772LR_FSX_aligning.jpg ( 440 KB | 72 Downloads )
B772LR_FSX_aligning.jpg

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top