Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Version .99 Thrust (Read 3182 times)
Alex T

Re: Version .99 Thrust problem
Reply #15 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 12:33am
Print Post  
400kts wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 9:37pm:
So, I know is not that scientific but I tried to replicate what you shown in the video and the only way to get similar performances is to set D-TO with a max temp of 28° C, higher assumed temp lead to what I described above, no way at all to perform a D-TO 1 or D-TO2, I reach the other runway threshold to get to the VR.
With a D-TO and a 28° C assumed temp it requested almost 10.000 ft to get to the VR, I don't remember the grossweight, roughly I had 60% of payload and 80% of fuel just to give few numbers.

Could you try to do the same with a D-TO1 or 2 and 40-45 ° C assumed temp? Just to see if it takes long to reach 80 kts.
Anyway I don't have the same performances you had with a 35° C assumed temp you used in the video so there's definitely something wrong here, I wonder what...

Sure I can do that, but keep in mind most airlines that fly the 767 (maybe all of them?) chose the option to not allow a derate with an assumed temp. if you notice the CS 767 if you choose a derate (TO1 or TO2) then you try to add an assumed temperature, the derate goes away. In the two major airlines I worked with, a derated TO wasn't even possible, as they disabled this option on the -300ER.

I'll try a TO1 and TO2 and see what happens.

YouTube  
IP Logged

400kts

Reply #16 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Ok tried again some more takeoff, looks like the only way to get off the ground with a good thrust is with a TO or D-TO setting with a max 30° assumed temp, almost I can fly this baby, I will forget about D-TO 1 or 2 till the next update that I hope will solve the issue wherever it could be.

For what concern D-TO or not is all about the company policy as far as I know, in Europe I know 1 is used by some operators, on the 777 as well.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #17 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
400kts wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 4:21pm:
Ok tried again some more takeoff, looks like the only way to get off the ground with a good thrust is with a TO or D-TO setting with a max 30° assumed temp, almost I can fly this baby, I will forget about D-TO 1 or 2 till the next update that I hope will solve the issue wherever it could be.

For what concern D-TO or not is all about the company policy as far as I know, in Europe I know 1 is used by some operators, on the 777 as well.

I hear you. As soon as I'm done with this 757 flight I'm doing, I'll test out a Derate 1 and Derate 2 takeoff Smiley I'll report back.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #18 - Jul 24th, 2020 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
400kts wrote on Jul 24th, 2020 at 4:21pm:

I got some interesting data for you:

First, are you using any type of performance calculator?

Because according to mine: the ONLY way to be able to use a TO2 takeoff for example on a perfect weather day, (ISA and 0/0 wind) on an 11,350ft runway with no obstables is if your takeoff weight is under 330,050lb. Which means on a fully (pax) loaded semi-low density 767 (take Delta Air Lines' 30/184 config), and in my case 21k lb of cargo, the max fuel would be as low as 80,000lb. Higher density planes would be nearly impossible even with less fuel.

As far as actual data I got from the CS767, on my perfomance calculator I put in for a forced TO2 takeoff, it made me remove about 50k of fuel! So I did that and brought my weight down to 317,500lb and took-off. It estimated I'd have about 2400ft of stop margin at V1. Looking at the video and measuring on google earth, I had about 2900ft. You can also see the climb, it had no issue with that either! (I was also only at flaps 5).

In conclusion, I'd say their thrust model on the 767 (unlike the 757) is pretty good! It seems simmers are either derating when they shouldn't be, or using way too high assumed temperatures. I was actually surprised to see the results and how close they were to an actual performance calculator. For reference, I also used the exact same engine type on my calculator (PW4060), to ensure a fair test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkubBzG9SKA&feature=youtu.be

YouTube  
IP Logged

400kts

Re: Version .99 Thrust
Reply #19 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Hi Alex,

first of all thanks for your tests, for what concern the performance sw I use Topcat, I make my flightplan with PFPX and then I send it to topcat so I rely on it for takeoff settings (flaps, thrust and so on).
Let's say that for the flights I was testing there were the conditions for a D-TO 1 but then remaining rwy was not the one reported by Topcat, I lifted off on the opposite threshold instead, this never happened with the other aircrafts I am using so this is what took me here after reading someone else was having presumably the same issue.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #20 - Jul 25th, 2020 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
400kts wrote on Jul 25th, 2020 at 10:34am:
Hi Alex,

first of all thanks for your tests, for what concern the performance sw I use Topcat, I make my flightplan with PFPX and then I send it to topcat so I rely on it for takeoff settings (flaps, thrust and so on).
Let's say that for the flights I was testing there were the conditions for a D-TO 1 but then remaining rwy was not the one reported by Topcat, I lifted off on the opposite threshold instead, this never happened with the other aircrafts I am using so this is what took me here after reading someone else was having presumably the same issue.

Good point, I seem to have forgotten to test a TO1.

I just did one and my data was:

KBOS 251354Z 12005KT 10SM FEW030 FEW070 SCT250 25/20 A3008

TO1
TOW:306,000lb (185pax and 14k cargo)
KBOS Runway 09 (7000ft)
Flaps 15
Packs on  Engines
Estimated stop margin: 943ft
Actual stop margin: ~2000-3000ft^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khQXsvxtdJE&feature=youtu.be

So it looks like again the thrust is perfect? I'm sorry you're having issues Sad Maybe you can send me your exact parameters (maybe save flight files?) and I can see how they compare?

YouTube  
IP Logged

400kts

Reply #21 - Jul 26th, 2020 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Hi Alex,

once more thank for the help, I have managed to complete two flights, one using TO and one D-TO with 31 assumed temp and in both the cases it went well and according to what TOPCAT has foreseen (not easy to say that the remaining runway was exactly the one predicted but I was definitely not on the other threshold) so for these two cases no issues at all, I can also say the rest of the flight was smooth and without any issue (I use it coupled with MCE) so pretty happy with it!
For the D-TO 1 or 2 try to use the saved file I have attached to my previous conversation, if you will experience my same issue you will you will not be able to lift off before the opposite threshold, also when accelerating the feel is something is missing, just to see if is something on my system or not in the end...

Thanks again!

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #22 - Jul 26th, 2020 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
400kts wrote on Jul 26th, 2020 at 2:40pm:
Hi Alex,

once more thank for the help, I have managed to complete two flights, one using TO and one D-TO with 31 assumed temp and in both the cases it went well and according to what TOPCAT has foreseen (not easy to say that the remaining runway was exactly the one predicted but I was definitely not on the other threshold) so for these two cases no issues at all, I can also say the rest of the flight was smooth and without any issue (I use it coupled with MCE) so pretty happy with it!
For the D-TO 1 or 2 try to use the saved file I have attached to my previous conversation, if you will experience my same issue you will you will not be able to lift off before the opposite threshold, also when accelerating the feel is something is missing, just to see if is something on my system or not in the end...

Thanks again!

I found your problem: First: did you realize in the saved flight files you posted, you're not doing a TO1, you're doing a D-TO? And yes! They are different things. Like I said, it's impossible to do a hard derate plus an assumed temp, it's either one or the other.

In this pic, it would look like you're doing a D-TO1 + 40* right? Actually no, the fact that the "1" next to D-TO is white, signifies that it is armed for the CLB thrust only, and not active:

This picture I removed the TO1 and you can still see the same EPR?

Make sure on TOPCAT on the aircraft editor you uncheck the option for "Allow combination of both"

I threw this flight situation and exact weight into TOPCAT and with flaps 15, this takeoff is over 5000lb overweight. Even bringing the weight down to the climb / field limited max, it's only possible to do it with full thrust!

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #23 - Jul 26th, 2020 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Oops..

This was supposed to be the first picture:

YouTube  
IP Logged

400kts

Reply #24 - Jul 27th, 2020 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Hi Alex,

good point, so on the 767 it's not allowed to combine D-TO + ATM, didn't know that, I was misleaded by some info you can find for example at the link below, if you see there you have both D-TO1 setting and all green coloured with an assumed temp of 53, maybe is available on some models of 767 only, I have read it with more attention and it might be that these "another company" version could have this feature, frankly I don't know, I rely on what you wrote, for me is enough to solve my "thrust mistery"  Grin I thank you for that : 

https://fdx.alpa.org/Portals/26/docs/120115_training%20PR.pdf

I removed the combination of both Derated and ATM from topcat for this aircraft, what is strange is that for the save flight it wasn't saying I was overweight for a D-TO, maybe some parameters were wrong or my mistake typing the zfw when transfering the flight plan from PFPX to TOPCAT.

Thanks for all your effort and help with this, very happy is not a bug of the aircraft as I don't have to hope for a new update and I can fly it!
In the past days I've flown two long haul routes (One with TO and one with an assumed temp of 35 deg) and was happy with it, it's indeed a much more mature aircraft then the CS 757, if only we could have FS2CREW with it, MCE is not bad, at all, but not smooth as the first one.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #25 - Jul 27th, 2020 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
400kts wrote on Jul 27th, 2020 at 8:59pm:
Hi Alex,

good point, so on the 767 it's not allowed to combine D-TO + ATM, didn't know that, I was misleaded by some info you can find for example at the link below, if you see there you have both D-TO1 setting and all green coloured with an assumed temp of 53, maybe is available on some models of 767 only, I have read it with more attention and it might be that these "other" version could have this feature, frankly I don't know, I rely on what you wrote, for me is enough to solve my "thrust mistery"  Grin I thank you for that : 

https://fdx.alpa.org/Portals/26/docs/120115_training%20PR.pdf

I removed the combination of both Derated and ATM from topcat for this aircraft, what is strange is that for the save flight it wasn't saying I was overweight for a D-TO, maybe some parameters were wrong or my mistake typing the zfw when transfering the flight plan from PFPX to TOPCAT.

Thanks for all your effort and help with this, very happy is not a bug of the aircraft as I don't have to hope for a new update and I can fly it!
In the past days I've flown two long haul routes (One with TO and one with an assumed temp of 35 deg) and was happy with it, it's indeed a much more mature aircraft then the CS 757, if only we could have FS2CREW with it, MCE is not bad, at all, but not smooth as the first one.

Glad it's figured out! Absolutely it is a customer option. On that document for FedEx N297FE and N298FE are those birds they got from an asian carrier who chose it for their GE engines. Good flying Smiley

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top