Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
I've started getting crash to desktop in beta .97 (Read 1885 times)
jasonboche

I've started getting crash to desktop in beta .97
Jun 10th, 2020 at 4:45pm

I'm really enjoying this aircraft and both my P3Dv4.5 flight simulator and this aircraft has been 100% solid up through .96 beta.

With beta .97 I downloaded yesterday, I have had 3 crash to desktops nearing the approach to North Carolina airports. Two last night in the same spot at the same airport KATL-KISO (I reattempted the flight) and another one this morning KATL-KPGV on the downwind leg to the approach (flight plan PHIIL2 GRD SDZ to ILS Z 20 approach). Each time what seems to trigger it is manually removing an approach waypoint in the FMC. The sim freezes for about 10 seconds and then a crash to desktop with no error message.

I'm not show how to capture this error with log files but it seems to be reproducable with the KATL-KISO leg. I can also capture it with video.

I never had crash to desktops in previous beta versions but I also never flew into these airports before and I had not deleted those specific waypoints.

I'm not necessarily looking for a resolution in this thread, but more of a check to see if this rings true or is a pattern for anyone else.

Thank you,
Jas

IP Logged

jasonboche

Re: I've started getting crash to desktop in beta .97
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2020 at 5:58pm

Ugh. It just happened a 4th time. KCLT-KRWI. This time I was able to grab a screenshot while frozen before it disappeared and crashed to desktop.

Steps:
1. On downwind leg to RNAV rwy 22 approach in HDG mode.
2. Using the FMC, delete FINIM approach waypoint by overwriting with the BONAC waypoint.
3. As soon as I click EXEC in the FMC, the simulator freezes.

I used a different livery this time to see if that could be ruled out.

kclt-krwi.jpg ( 481 KB | 104 Downloads )
kclt-krwi.jpg

IP Logged

jasonboche

Re: SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2020 at 8:03pm

Good afternoon,

My flight simulator is Prepar3D Version: 4.5.14.34698
CS 767 II VERSION 0.97 beta

I'm really enjoying this aircraft and both my P3Dv4.5 flight simulator and this aircraft has been 100% solid up through .96 beta with around 40 successfully completed flight legs.

Starting with beta .97 which I downloaded yesterday, I'm regularly experiencing crash to desktop near the approach at destination airport.
What specifically seems to cause it is the deletion of an approach waypoint

.97 beta KATL GAIRY2 IRQ ILM RNAV rwy 23 KISO - freeze 10 seconds, crash to desktop with no error

Retried flight leg
.97 beta KATL GAIRY2 IRQ ILM RNAV rwy 23 KISO - freeze 10 seconds, crash to desktop with no error

New flight leg this morning
.97 beta KATL PHIIL2 GRD SDZ ILS Z rwy 20 KPGV - freeze 10 seconds, crash to desktop with no error

Tried different flight leg with a different Delta livery
.97 beta KCLT GIZMO V454 LIB V194 EXULE RNAV rwy 22 KRWI - freeze 10 seconds, crash to desktop with no error

rolled back to .96 beta and used same Delta livery as above
.96 beta KCLT GIZMO V454 LIB V194 EXULE RNAV rwy 22 KRWI - stable, no issues, no freeze, success

Steps to reproduce using the KCLT-KRWI leg as an example (see attached screenshot):
1. Fly route to destination airport. On downwind leg to RNAV rwy 22 approach in HDG mode.
2. Using the FMC, delete FINIM approach waypoint by overwriting with the BONAC waypoint.
3. As soon as I click EXEC in the FMC, the simulator freezes.

At this point I'm not convinced it's a specific airport or region issue.
Do you need log files for the filing of this bug?
It seems to be reproducible with the .97 beta flying into the airports and approaches above. I'd be happy to reproduce and capture the log files necessary. It's only about an hour of my time.
I can also capture it with video.

Thank you,
Jas

kclt-krwi_001.jpg ( 481 KB | 97 Downloads )
kclt-krwi_001.jpg

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 2:13pm

Thanks for the detailed report.
We need to hear at least a few more users, to be sure the issue is the 0.97 related.

Meanwhile pls try this https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1554738484

And please attach the flight saved right before the CTD.

IP Logged

jasonboche

Reply #4 - Jun 12th, 2020 at 6:07pm

Captain Sim wrote on Jun 11th, 2020 at 2:13pm:
Thanks for the detailed report.
We need to hear at least a few more users, to be sure the issue is the 0.97 related.

Meanwhile pls try this https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1554738484

And please attach the flight saved right before the CTD.

I've done what you have asked.
-Reboot my computer
-Disabled anti-virus
-Uninstall the 767
-Clean out all the files and directories left behind after the uninstall (Captain Sim, Simobjects aircraft models/paints, KSEA saved scenario)
-Run the .97 beta installer as administrator
-Saved the scenario file just before the crash to desktop occurs (please see attached .zip file)
-Crashed to desktop
-Relaunched P3Dv4.5, loaded my saved scenario, crashed to desktop again
-Created a .mp4 video demonstrating exactly how to reproduce this. Replace the FENIM waypoint with the BONAC waypoint, then EXEC will freeze the sim http://boche.net/dropbox/kclt-krwi-approach-ctd.mp4

Note: To load the saved scenario, you'll probably need to use the ACE 767 to install the CS 767-332ER Delta Airlines (N1201P) by Jviation repaint since that is what I had installed at the time when I saved the scenario.

When I uninstall the .97 beta and re-install the .96 beta, I can load the saved scenario and it does not crash to desktop. Something has changed in the .97 beta with respect to the FMC and waypoints causing a crash to desktop for me. Selfishly, I hope other see this as well so we can get some momentum behind this. I'm stuck on the .96 beta at this point I can't go forward.

Thank you for your attention to this.

kclt-krwi-approach-ctd.zip ( 149 KB | 66 Downloads )

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 6:39am

Same here with 0.97. Whenever I clean up the flightplan, by inserting a direct to the FAP it crashes to desktop.
2 long hauls ruined and counting!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 1:21pm

As we got 2 CTD already, here we go: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1592054259

jasonboche's report is accepted, all new reports pls proceed to the CTD thread.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top