10 737-200 for P3Dv5 (Read 10756 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: 737-200 for P3Dv5
Reply #15 - Jan 17th, 2021 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
dleitao wrote on Dec 20th, 2020 at 7:34pm:
737-200 p3dv5!!!!!!!! Pleaaaaase Santa Please!!!!!

Was hoping for January 7, maybe, but if 2020 was a dumpster fire, 2021 is a flaming freight train heading for a collapsed bridge over a gorge full of dynamite and sharks.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

PeteFly82

Reply #16 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
yep, finger crossed that CS 737 will find its way into P3Dv5

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #17 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Ah, it's been so long. Good to have this back in v5 and better than ever. Taking off from Burbank Bob Hope Airport.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

blaunarwal

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2021 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
I successfully installed the 737 Captain for P3D4 into P3D5 by directing to this version and manually changing the dll.xml.

I also applied the total overhaul 1.1 and it works fine.

Yesterday evening I searched for the light switch to switch off the dome light, that illuminates the main panel.

I found a switch for the overhead panel, switches for the instrument backlights, but not for the white light on the panel.

Did I just not find it or is it one of the small items not working correctly?

The overhead becomes black if I switch it off and only the instruments remain enlighted.

I checked the manuals, but the switches shown there did not work for this light. If there's a switch, please advide how to find it.

Regards

Dan

OS=WIN10 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro
YouTube  
IP Logged

blaunarwal

Reply #19 - Jul 24th, 2021 at 10:11am
Print Post  
blaunarwal wrote on Jul 22nd, 2021 at 12:01pm:
I successfully installed the 737 Captain for P3D4 into P3D5 by directing to this version and manually changing the dll.xml.

I also applied the total overhaul 1.1 and it works fine.

Yesterday evening I searched for the light switch to switch off the dome light, that illuminates the main panel.

I found a switch for the overhead panel, switches for the instrument backlights, but not for the white light on the panel.

Did I just not find it or is it one of the small items not working correctly?

The overhead becomes black if I switch it off and only the instruments remain enlighted.

I checked the manuals, but the switches shown there did not work for this light. If there's a switch, please advide how to find it.

Regards

Dan

My fault, the mentioned overhaul package installed FSLabs Spotlights, which can be set with the application outside of the sim.

I did a few flights now and really wonder, why CS never did an P3D5 installer for this plane. The only thing needed to adapt is the dll.xml modification. That shouldn´t take years.

YouTube  
IP Logged

blaunarwal

Reply #20 - Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:20am
Print Post  
I made several flights with the 737 in P3D5.2HF1 and made following observations:

Using the cargo loader can crash the sim and it seems to destroy the Total overhaul mode. The map display is gone after saving the loader.

I had saved my flight after reaching destination. This led to corrupted start situations. Ground power couldn´t be switched on. The switch always snapped back but the power was already on in off position of the switch. The MFD (map) remained black.  It seems starting the sim in default mode, then loading the plane, seems important here, like with complex planes. I wish we had kind of reset button from the sim, to clear all variables. If it doesn´t work, always a restart is necessary Cry

YouTube  
IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #21 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
blaunarwal wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:20am:
I made several flights with the 737 in P3D5.2HF1 and made following observations:

Using the cargo loader can crash the sim and it seems to destroy the Total overhaul mode. The map display is gone after saving the loader.

I had saved my flight after reaching destination. This led to corrupted start situations. Ground power couldn´t be switched on. The switch always snapped back but the power was already on in off position of the switch. The MFD (map) remained black.  It seems starting the sim in default mode, then loading the plane, seems important here, like with complex planes. I wish we had kind of reset button from the sim, to clear all variables. If it doesn´t work, always a restart is necessary Cry

Hi blaunarwal,

With the Total Overhaul Mod, there is a a panel state option through the the PCS (as I'm sure you know). The Where Are My Airplanes app is great, if you don't have it. I don't know exactly what your goals are here, but if you don't have WAMA, do yourself a favor and check it out. It really is an amazing little gizmo that does so much more than the title suggests.

Yeah, the panel lighting is great with FSSpotlights app that comes with the mod.

I have the base and advanced model working perfectly. ACE doesn't work at all, but that's not a show-stopper. Lots and lots of excellent liveries are out there still. Just flew Buenos Aires to Ushuaia in the Aerolinas Argentina livery. Sweet.

I had been considering adding the freighter because the mod does include that as an option. I don't care about panel states, but if the loader crashes, then I'd pass. How bad is this?

With so few classics available for P3D v5.2, it's nice to have the old 737 which is as good as anything in my very large hanger and the better of the 737-200s available with the mod. I believe CS has moved on from those old planes, though. It's a lot of work to fly a 732 or L1011 and have to make it go up and down yourself   Grin

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2021 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Just finished a flight from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia, landing in a blinding snowstorm using the flight director. Was there some question whether the FD worked or not? Probably one of the best flights I've ever had, knowing there are mountains all around me I can't see and finding the airport only when I was practically on top of it. It was ICE PILOTS SOUTH AMERICA stuff Smiley

IP Logged

blaunarwal

Reply #23 - Sep 3rd, 2021 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Aug 30th, 2021 at 9:17pm:
blaunarwal wrote on Jul 26th, 2021 at 5:20am:

Hi blaunarwal,

With the Total Overhaul Mod, there is a a panel state option through the the PCS (as I'm sure you know). The Where Are My Airplanes app is great, if you don't have it. I don't know exactly what your goals are here, but if you don't have WAMA, do yourself a favor and check it out. It really is an amazing little gizmo that does so much more than the title suggests.

Yeah, the panel lighting is great with FSSpotlights app that comes with the mod.

I have the base and advanced model working perfectly. ACE doesn't work at all, but that's not a show-stopper. Lots and lots of excellent liveries are out there still. Just flew Buenos Aires to Ushuaia in the Aerolinas Argentina livery. Sweet.

I had been considering adding the freighter because the mod does include that as an option. I don't care about panel states, but if the loader crashes, then I'd pass. How bad is this?

With so few classics available for P3D v5.2, it's nice to have the old 737 which is as good as anything in my very large hanger and the better of the 737-200s available with the mod. I believe CS has moved on from those old planes, though. It's a lot of work to fly a 732 or L1011 and have to make it go up and down yourself   Grin

Hi Tim

I have WAMA and did't use it for a while now. But maybe it's time to revisit it. I will certainly also check out the panel state option, if this can be a help for me.

Actually I also intend to fly to Ushuaia. I left the US over Key West and landed in Varadero last night. It's a long way to go still.

Dan

YouTube  
IP Logged

CesarW

Reply #24 - Jan 29th, 2023 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
Confirming it works in v5.3

Where is my custom autopilot?? aahahahaa Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged