Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Approach transition excluded in FMC (Read 461 times)
jasonboche

Approach transition excluded in FMC
May 31st, 2020 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Good afternoon,

Each time I choose an approach along with the appropriate transition, the transition waypoint is always excluded from being programmed into the FMC for the approach. It disturbs my situational awareness.

This is a problem that falls into the same category as the FMC automatically choosing a runway and approach when I only want to enter a STAR for the arrival (I don't actually know what the runway will be yet). It's becoming very annoying flying busy events on VATSIM when there are a lot of things happening in a short time period for a single pilot handling all of the workload. I know this one was already submitted for bug tracking and I hope it's being addressed.

Neither of these were problems with the another company 767 or another company Boeings.

Thank you,
Jas

IP Logged

jasonboche

Re: Approach transition excluded in FMC
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2020 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Here's an example with screenshots. Flying into Atlanta (KATL). I'm selecting the HLRRY.ONDRE1 STAR along with the ILS08L LARII transition.

LARII transition never ends up in the FMC as a waypoint.
Instead this aircraft puts in the next waypoint on the approach after the desired transition. In this case, JAAJJ.

2020-05-31_20-24-37.jpg ( 432 KB | 76 Downloads )
2020-05-31_20-24-37.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top