Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FO FMC EXEC light not going out (Read 978 times)
Jake Wright

FO FMC EXEC light not going out
May 24th, 2020 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Have just updated to 0.94.

Imported a flight plan via the correct method, added SIDs/STARs pressed EXEC and the information has gone into the FMC but the EXEC light stays illuminated. Have cross referenced with the CAPT FMC and cannot replicate the issue.

Also getting an issue in the FMC where it keeps changing the charectoristics of the next waypoint e.g speed/alt, this is not an issue i've had in the previous builds. I've attached the screenshots that were taken within 5 seconds of each other, can also see the EXEC light illuminted on FMC2.

https://ibb.co/mq5BjgP
https://ibb.co/4jFjxtt
https://ibb.co/8MsRBRV

Finally, are the engines supposed to automatically change for each phase of flight such as T/O - CLB - CRZ?

IP Logged

Alex T

Re: FO FMC EXEC light not going out
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2020 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Jake Wright wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 10:17am:
Have just updated to 0.94.

Imported a flight plan via the correct method, added SIDs/STARs pressed EXEC and the information has gone into the FMC but the EXEC light stays illuminated. Have cross referenced with the CAPT FMC and cannot replicate the issue.

Also getting an issue in the FMC where it keeps changing the charectoristics of the next waypoint e.g speed/alt, this is not an issue i've had in the previous builds. I've attached the screenshots that were taken within 5 seconds of each other, can also see the EXEC light illuminted on FMC2.

https://ibb.co/mq5BjgP
https://ibb.co/4jFjxtt
https://ibb.co/8MsRBRV

Finally, are the engines supposed to automatically change for each phase of flight such as T/O - CLB - CRZ?

Most likely you had something else waiting to be executed that got lost in one of the pages.

The altitudes showed the same atltitude you had in the MCP, when you put in that weird altitude, maybe you accidentally therew it into into your VNAV page? (When you change the MCP it goes into your scratchpad)

The engines are only automatic from CLB to CRZ. TO - CLB happens only after selecting VNAV, pressing THR, or FLCH.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Jake Wright

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2020 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Weird altitude? Common in Asia/Russia where they fly in Meters as apposed to Feet, that should not be an issue. The issue was the ALT adjusting in the FMC nothing to do with the MCP ALT window.

Must be an issue then as i arm LNAV/VNAV prior to to departure and the change to does occur at the acceleration altitude.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2020 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Jake Wright wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 5:37pm:
Weird altitude? Common in Asia/Russia where they fly in Meters as apposed to Feet, that should not be an issue. The issue was the ALT adjusting in the FMC nothing to do with the MCP ALT window.

Must be an issue then as i arm LNAV/VNAV prior to to departure and the change to does occur at the acceleration altitude.

Sorry misunderstanding, what do you mean it’s adjusting on the FMC?

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2020 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Also, at the companies I work with on the 757/767, they’re told not to arm VNAV on the ground because it can cause issues. It doesn’t work like the 73 74 777 where that’s standard practice. Maybe do it the way they recommend and engage your vertical mode at your thrust reduction altitude? On the CS it definitely works fine if you do it like that. Only thing that still doesn’t work is the fact that the THR button doesn’t stay illuminated like it’s supposed to.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2020 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
I don’t see anything wrong on your pictures of your LEGS page. Maybe I’m missing something?

YouTube  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - May 25th, 2020 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 7:15pm:
I don’t see anything wrong on your pictures of your LEGS page. Maybe I’m missing something?

In the first image, the speed/altitude is set to 250/FL321 for waypoint NTG, but all the waypoints after that are showing .801/FL321

In the second image, it's similar, but with the first speed/alitude (NTG) being 250/FL302, with the following waypoints showing .801/FL321

In the third image, the first speed/alitude (NTG) is 250/FL297, the next is 321/FL297 (PIKAS), and the following waypoints show different speeds at FL321

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Jake Wright

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2020 at 8:58am
Print Post  
The images are taken all within a span of seconds and the variables are constantly changing, surely thats not correct?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top