Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Overhaul mod - anyone tried it? (Read 4374 times)
znatusch

Overhaul mod - anyone tried it?
May 13th, 2020 at 9:27am
Print Post  
I don't have the 732, but always been interested. Reading comments and reviews have put me off from making a purchase though as it seems to have unresolved issues.

Found this the other day, which looks interesting:
http://avsimrus.com/files.phtml?sort=upload_date&minrating=2&search=fuel+planner...

Gives better functionality for the PDCS, and more realistic engine behaviour. Anyone tried it?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Overhaul mod - anyone tried it?
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2020 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
This is the first that I've heardof it, but the fact that Paul Tally had something to do, gives me confidence in it. I have just downloaded it, but it will take a bit time for me to get it set up, and then test it. I'll let you know what I think. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

znatusch

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2020 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Thanks Markoz, that would be great but only if you have the time and inclination.

Cheers

IP Logged

Nickbe

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2020 at 10:05am
Print Post  
As one of the creators of this mod, I can say: Yes, now the engine characteristics are very close to the real plane.

We also fixed a lot of textures for instruments and panels for night flights.

And the most interesting thing about this mod is the implementation of PDCS. Yes, this device does not exactly match the real prototype at the moment, because we have added a lot of new and very useful features to it.

A small part of the code of our device was taken from the Paul Tally V-One device, but 80% of the code of the new PDCS was written from scratch.
This is why we mention and consider Paul Tally to be one of the authors of this mod.
Now you don't need additional 2D panels, such as V-One, in flight, all the functionality is now available via PDCS.

We are happy to share the best practices for CS732 that we did for ourselves, but it may be interesting to other users of CaptainSim 732, so we made this mod available to everyone. Have a nice and interesting flight, captains!

Nick Bebyakin
EZdok Software Team.

IP Logged

znatusch

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2020 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Thanks for the post Nickbe. With older non-FADEC aircraft, correct application of thrust settings was a significant part of flight deck operations so a modification such as yours really will improve the simulation. I hope CS incorporates more more realistic engine behaviour models for future vintage jet releases.

Will definitely try the mod when I get the chance.

Cheers

IP Logged

westman

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks, great work  after installing this i begin to fly this bird agian.

IP Logged

ftwd

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2020 at 4:44am
Print Post  
Just a quick question, does this work on the 32bit version of the plane or just the 64bit version?

Cheers,
Nathan  Wink

IP Logged

steveuk

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2021 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Installed it, it's great... gives a new lease of life to the old 737.. well done

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Installed this mod of the Captain Sim 737 yesterday, and today completed my first test flight from KSEA to KPSC.  I must admit that I have become adjusted to (spoiled by?) the current autopilot features such as climbing to a preset altitude, setting vertical climb speed, GPS etc.  But for the early 737s these options did not exist.  I remember first learning to fly for real in a Tri-Champ that didn't even have a radio.  Had to advance to a Cessna 150 and learn to use the radio before I could complete the training for my private pilot license.  This was in the early 60's and none of the planes I flew back then had autopilots.  Maybe that is why I am enjoying this CS737 mod so much!  It does have GPS and altitude hold, and the PDCS works very well, as discussed in the user manual.  Am looking forward to some night flights next so I can explore the Spotlights feature.

I highly recommend this mod for anyone who has the CS 737.   Smiley Smiley

[img]https://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_3.jpg[/img

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Does the flight director work correctly for ILS approach ?

Trevor

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 7:34am
Print Post  
This evening I made an ILS approach and landing at Yakima, KYKM.  The approach worked fine.  The only problem I noted was that the DME for the ILS did not show up on the displays, but the glide slope and localizer worked correctly.

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #11 - Jan 12th, 2021 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
But did you use the FD in the APP mode?

Trevor

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #12 - Jan 13th, 2021 at 1:00am
Print Post  
You are right in that the flight director does not appear to show anything meaningful on final approach for this aircraft.  It works fine and indicates correctly when using heading mode while in flight.  But when selecting AUTO APP mode the flight director does not display as expected.  However the ILS works correctly.  I did not realize this earlier because the in the default view for this plane the flight director is not turned on.  It can be turned off and on with the Control-F key.  Thanks for pointing this out.

IP Logged

Predatorus

Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2022 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Hello everyone. I am the author of the Total Overhaul mod and I want to present version 2.0 of the mod.

Total Overhaul v2.0 supports Prepar3D v4 and v5 and includes:

1. Updated air dynamics for Captain Sim Boeing 737-200 for the P3D V4-v5 simulators. The engines parameters in the model (EPR, N1, N2, fuel consumption) fully correspond to the values from the FCOM tables for different flight levels and speeds. This is true for the P&W JT8D-15/15A and P&W JT8D-17/17A engines for the Captain Sim  Boeing 737-200 Base, Advanced, Combi and Freighter.

2. The new PDCS (Performance Data Computer System).
New custom PDCS is not a full simulation of a real device. Rather, it is a multi-functional assistant that provides virtual pilots with many of the features of a real PDCS, combined with other useful  features and ease to use. Main features of the new device:
– calculation and display of engine EPR values at all stages of the flight - takeoff, climb, cruise and landing. The parameters correspond to the values from the FCOM performance tables for the Pratt & Whitney JT8D-15A and JT8D-17A engines;
– calculation and indication of optimal speeds and flight level for various stages of the flight. The parameters correspond to values from the FCOM performance tables for JT8D-15A and JT8D-17A engines;
–  calculation of speeds V1, Vr, V2 and Vref;
– descent mode with calculation of TOD (top of descent), optimal descent vertical speed and indication of deviations from the calculated descend profile;
– indication of current speeds, temperatures, wind and its components, aircraft loading, fuel loading, etc

3. New Attitude Director Indicator (ADI) with vertical and horizontal flight director bars as an alternative to the original ADI with V-steering FD bars.
In real life both types of ADI were installed on the Boeing 737-200.
The original ADI also has been saved. Selecting between the original ADI and the alternate ADI is done in the PDCS settings.
In the process of working on the new ADI, the logic of Flight Director operation, based on the description from the FCOM, was also generally corrected.

4. New electronic Navigation Display (ND) as an alternative to the original analog Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI).
In terms of functionality, this device is quite close to the real ND installed on the Boeing 737-800.
The original HSI also has been saved. Selecting between analog HSI and electronic ND is done in the PDCS settings.

5. Smiths FMS from the addon Ernie Alston – Integrated Simavionics Group (ISG)  with its own AIRAC navigation database, which allows for full lateral navigation, fully work with the flight plan and perform SID and STAR procedures.
A mandatory requirement for FMS operation is the presence of the ISG addon installed in the simulator.

6. New cockpit sounds for switches, buttons, etc. Absolutely all sounds have been made, many missing sounds have been added. And also new sounds of P&W JT8D engines have been made.

7. Modified  night  textures  of  the  cockpit  and  instruments  for  better  visual perception in the cockpit at night flights. Modified textures of signal lamps on the overhead and other panels. Modified textures of some instruments in the cockpit to improve their readability.

8. New effects of landing and taxiing lights, navigation lights, strobes, beacon lights. New lighting in the cockpit.

9. A useful Wind Gauge.

To download Total Overhaul v2.0 go to Youtube and search the video (without quotes) "Full flight from Leipzig to Frankfurt (EDDP – EDDF) on Boeing 737-200 Advanced. Prepar3D v4". Download link is available in the description below the video.

Read attached documentation before installation and using.

Have a nice flying and smooth landings!

2_002.jpg ( 1016 KB | 100 Downloads )
2_002.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top