Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Overhaul mod - anyone tried it? (Read 338 times)
znatusch

Overhaul mod - anyone tried it?
May 13th, 2020 at 9:27am
Print Post  
I don't have the 732, but always been interested. Reading comments and reviews have put me off from making a purchase though as it seems to have unresolved issues.

Found this the other day, which looks interesting:
http://avsimrus.com/files.phtml?sort=upload_date&minrating=2&search=fuel+planner...

Gives better functionality for the PDCS, and more realistic engine behaviour. Anyone tried it?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Overhaul mod - anyone tried it?
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2020 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
This is the first that I've heardof it, but the fact that Paul Tally had something to do, gives me confidence in it. I have just downloaded it, but it will take a bit time for me to get it set up, and then test it. I'll let you know what I think. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 9700K @ 4.6GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 27" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 4TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

znatusch

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2020 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Thanks Markoz, that would be great but only if you have the time and inclination.

Cheers

IP Logged

Nickbe

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2020 at 10:05am
Print Post  
As one of the creators of this mod, I can say: Yes, now the engine characteristics are very close to the real plane.

We also fixed a lot of textures for instruments and panels for night flights.

And the most interesting thing about this mod is the implementation of PDCS. Yes, this device does not exactly match the real prototype at the moment, because we have added a lot of new and very useful features to it.

A small part of the code of our device was taken from the Paul Tally V-One device, but 80% of the code of the new PDCS was written from scratch.
This is why we mention and consider Paul Tally to be one of the authors of this mod.
Now you don't need additional 2D panels, such as V-One, in flight, all the functionality is now available via PDCS.

We are happy to share the best practices for CS732 that we did for ourselves, but it may be interesting to other users of CaptainSim 732, so we made this mod available to everyone. Have a nice and interesting flight, captains!

Nick Bebyakin
EZdok Software Team.

IP Logged

znatusch

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2020 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Thanks for the post Nickbe. With older non-FADEC aircraft, correct application of thrust settings was a significant part of flight deck operations so a modification such as yours really will improve the simulation. I hope CS incorporates more more realistic engine behaviour models for future vintage jet releases.

Will definitely try the mod when I get the chance.

Cheers

IP Logged

westman

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks, great work  after installing this i begin to fly this bird agian.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top