Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
TCAS - Nice Job CS (Read 824 times)
PC Aviator

TCAS - Nice Job CS
May 6th, 2020 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Today I was flying on VATSIM and while on short final some rogue pilots flew directly at me. The TCAS warning sounded "TRAFFIC . . . TRAFFIC". Even though I had already kicked off the AP, the aircraft banked left just before the mid-air collision would have occurred.

I was able to get back on the approach, but I never had that happen before. Although my "crash" option is disabled in the sim it was amazing to see it work like that.

GOOD JOB, CS!

Flight Sim 1998 - Present
P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Krake802

Re: TCAS - Nice Job CS
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2020 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Well...

For starters; if there was a TCAS warning, the aircraft would either tell you to go up or down only, never left or right.

& if you've already kicked out the AP, it certainly wouldn't bank unless you tell it too. The aircraft isn't FBW (Physically it is).

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2020 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Well . . .

The point was I thought it to be a nice feature. It did tell me to descend but I didn’t move any of the flight controls when it veered to avoid a collision. 

My intention was not to start a debate or disagreement. I was simply trying to give a positive comment on a beta product.

Flight Sim 1998 - Present
P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2020 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Krake802 wrote on May 6th, 2020 at 5:17pm:
Well...

For starters; if there was a TCAS warning, the aircraft would either tell you to go up or down only, never left or right.

& if you've already kicked out the AP, it certainly wouldn't bank unless you tell it too. The aircraft isn't FBW (Physically it is).

I think you misinterpreted, the intruder aircraft veered left almost into him (I think)? He seems to know how a TCAS works, he was just saying thanks for making it work well.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top