Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Price Justification (Read 7576 times)
Alex T

Re: Price Justification
Reply #15 - May 1st, 2020 at 4:10am
Print Post  
CptVHHH wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 4:07am:
MSpencer wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 4:00am:
CptVHHH wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 3:56am:
Finally some sensible replies.

That's only because all the dissenting posts are being deleted.
Like this one!

I've read majority of those posts, and you would be kidding yourself if you think those were constructive criticism. The above 3 commentators summarize the whole situation nicely.

I'll have to agree there, the sense of entitlement and immaturity was pretty insane.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Trey

Reply #16 - May 1st, 2020 at 5:38am
Print Post  
All you have to do is go to other forums and see how the community is handling this. The few CS warriors in here are the minority for sure. Its a shame because the models are outstanding. We(the majority from other forums over the past decade) also want realistic functionality and realistic systems. That's it. You may delete the "negative" responses here but what about the dozen other forums saying the same thing? Every developer gets their fair share of bashing, but how you guys handle it really shows you're character as a company. Listen to the community for once.

IP Logged

Deltaguy24

Reply #17 - May 1st, 2020 at 11:03am
Print Post  
I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I've seen the post on the other forums. It's mostly 3-4 of the same guys bantering back and forth at each other. This is what's wrong with the world today. People think because they are on Earth, they are somehow entitled to anything they want. Guess what, Captain Sim made the product and they actually are entitled to charge whatever they want. It would be different if all these people forked over the $100 and said it's not worth it, but many, if not all, haven't even purchased it. They demand the price be lowered or something more be given to them. That's not how it works.

IP Logged

OM457

Reply #18 - May 1st, 2020 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Deltaguy24 wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 11:03am:
I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I've seen the post on the other forums. It's mostly 3-4 of the same guys bantering back and forth at each other. This is what's wrong with the world today. People think because they are on Earth, they are somehow entitled to anything they want. Guess what, Captain Sim made the product and they actually are entitled to charge whatever they want. It would be different if all these people forked over the $100 and said it's not worth it, but many, if not all, haven't even purchased it. They demand the price be lowered or something more be given to them. That's not how it works.

Maybe the "people" as you say have compared similar releases and linked it to product per dollar (ppd). I understand, that amongst the hate around this product some have actual questions as to why this product, in comparison to the competition, isn't as par on x or y matter. (here pricing or content). Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not the kind of people with a terrible experience in mind, i'm only a human being that thinks and reflects his OWN opinion about a specific product. In the past we got more expensive addons, and we got more "loaded" addons. These sold very well, some despite having a high price, others because of how much you got for your hardly earnt money. This even applies for CS. in the past, they didn't have any problems with engines expansion or whatever. Their products sold. Some hated, some loved. So why not analyzing over preceding releases (including competition's) and filter the useless hate from actual criticism (i'm not into bug/issues, just talking about pricing and communication). I don't think your work is free, id' just like some to reconsider how is it sitting amongst other addons, (this is how many businesses made their way up till today)and if not placed in an optimal way (price/content compromise) to readapt that. I don't spread hate, i'm very calm. why? because why shout and insult everyone, having to ban about anyone and close a topic, when you could sit down, say what you gotta say, read and understand what people want, and then let the dogs bark. We all know, it isn't the ones that bark who bite... I'm happy the 767 made it (finally), just wish by some way the sh*tshow around this stopped in a peaceful agreement.

IP Logged

Trey

Reply #19 - May 1st, 2020 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
I'm not saying that they don't have the right to charge whatever they want. Of course they do, its their product. What I am saying is don't delete and ignore the comments that they don't find ideal.  You guys who love the 767, and praise it, go right ahead. That's your right as well, but once again don't get on your pedestal and look down on the less then "happy" comments. The negative comments I've seen in this forum and elsewhere are based off of years of poor costumer service and buggy releases. So that being said don't just tell everyone to suck it up and quit whining. No ones asking for the 767 to be free or cost only 20 bucks. What they are asking is a standard be set. no more no less.  I agree wholeheartedly with OM457.

IP Logged

scotth6

Reply #20 - May 1st, 2020 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
All these whiners are doing on other forums is showing how immature, entitled, misinformed, and petty they are.  There is no basis for the comments they are making when none of them have even tried the product.  Captain Sim is entitled to charge what they want for their products, and it should not warrant or excuse the abhorrent comments on Avsim and FS Elite, to name two.  They can $500 for the base pack if they want, and that does not give anyone an excuse to carry on the way they have.  It is ridiculous behaviour, and as often happens it is just people piling on the band wagon to brand bash with zero legitimate justification.  Also, a company has every right to moderate their forums any way they wish.  Would you sit there and do nothing if abusive drivel was being posted on YOUR own forum?  I stay away from Avsim for the most part because of the keyboard warriors there, and after the most recent little episode at FS Elite I will most likely not be visiting there much in the future.  It is obviously being overrun by 12 year olds.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #21 - May 1st, 2020 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
scotth6 wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 2:59pm:
All these whiners are doing on other forums is showing how immature, entitled, misinformed, and petty they are.  There is no basis for the comments they are making when none of them have even tried the product.  Captain Sim is entitled to charge what they want for their products, and it should not warrant or excuse the abhorrent comments on Avsim and FS Elite, to name two.  They can $500 for the base pack if they want, and that does not give anyone an excuse to carry on the way they have.  It is ridiculous behaviour, and as often happens it is just people piling on the band wagon to brand bash with zero legitimate justification.  Also, a company has every right to moderate their forums any way they wish.  Would you sit there and do nothing if abusive drivel was being posted on YOUR own forum?  I stay away from Avsim for the most part because of the keyboard warriors there, and after the most recent little episode at FS Elite I will most likely not be visiting there much in the future.  It is obviously being overrun by 12 year olds.

yes. People seem to think forums in general are like reddit where people think they can say what they want. It's a Captain Sim forum.. they can moderate as they wish. If $100 makes it not worth it, DONT BUY IT? EZDok I think is extremely overpriced for what you get, so I'm not going to buy it. Simple. I'm not going on their forums demanding a discount.

YouTube  
IP Logged

rickb

Reply #22 - May 1st, 2020 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Why do so many people feel that a privately owned company has to justify anything to you? Are you a stockholder? Are you an investor? (an owner of the product is NOT an investor.)  If you don't want to pay the price then don't. But getting on a companies forum to whine about pricing doesn't have and will never be effective. I agree that the price is steep as I think that others that charge +100 for addons are overcharging. It comes down to supply and demand. There is NO good 767 for P3D. So the price WILL likely be high for one. If you don't like that then fly aircraft that have a future. The 767 is on the way out. I for one will wait for a sale. I have owned many CS aircraft and I waited on the 757 till it was on sale.

This is in NO way an endorsement of the CS pricing as again I think it's too high. But it IS a rebuttal to those who want to act entitled. YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING.

IP Logged

thaliabobalia

Reply #23 - May 1st, 2020 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 3:53am:
Deltaguy24 wrote on May 1st, 2020 at 2:54am:
I have never seen such a bunch of whiny pansy-asses in my life.  Let's see, you hate the price, hate the product, but can't seem to move yourselves away from this forum. You act as if they may change their minds about the pricing because you dumb nuts demand it.  Look, it's $99, not $135 right now.  At that price, it's worth it.  If you can't afford it, move along and wait for your sharklets to come out.  Oh wait, that is going to be an extra charge too, which makes the total FS Airbus package probably cost about $300 when it is all said and done.  Like Captain Sim said in an earlier post, maybe this product just isn't for you. 

Very well said.  No one has a right to complain about the price of a payware addon.  If you can't justify owning it, then don't buy it.  No one is twisting your arm!
I love this 767 and I appreciate getting it at the price that it is right now. I don't believe it is overpriced at all.

+1 on this. There are quite a few people in these forums who have said that they will not buy it, yet they continue to monitor the threads and slam CS. I agree that everyone is welcome to their own opinion but when you start becoming enraged and belligerent over something as simple as a FS addon then you clearly have other things in your life you need to work on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...there are some seriously sassy simmers out there

IP Logged

newmanix

Reply #24 - May 2nd, 2020 at 3:05am
Print Post  
I agree, the price is out-freaking-rageous. And the addons (blocks) will more so be ridiculous especially since it's not the same level fidelity as another company. And no upgrade price for those who bought the FSX version.

But, as far as anyone knows, there is not another 767 coming anytime soon. And CS knows many of us are desperate. They know dummies like me will buy it (which I did) so complaining and protesting won't help. At the end of the day, I've been wanting the 767 for the better part of a decade so for me which is the worse of the two? Saving my $100 which i'll get back? or have the darn plane and enjoy that $100? I choose to spend my time flying the plane and not buy that $100 worth of other addons I've been eyeballing for now.

Either way, complaining is not gonna help because clearly they don't give a nuts.  Tongue

IP Logged

MrGarak

Reply #25 - May 2nd, 2020 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
I started this thread, and over the last few days I've been extremely critical of Captain Sim and their practices. Well I decided it wasn't fair to judge this product so harshly and be so critical to Captain Sim, especially without owning it. So this morning I made the purchase.

This may surprise some, but boy was I wrong about this. This aircraft is excellent, systems are modeled very well, the frames (at least for myself) are smooth, above 40fps, which is consistent with my other planes. The modeling on the inside and especially the outside is fantastic. It fly's really well and I can see getting some enjoyment out of this for a while.

I publicly apologize to Captain Sim for being so harsh towards them over the last few days. Unless I have a question or issue I will likely be absent from the forum, however I wanted to post an update and publicly apologize to Captain Sim. I was very wrong about this.

Thank you Captain Sim for your understanding.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #26 - May 2nd, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
MrGarak wrote on May 2nd, 2020 at 2:04pm:

Thank you!
We glad you enjoy the 767, we told you it's good Smiley
And we are working hard to make it better.

IP Logged

thaliabobalia

Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2020 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
I started this thread, and over the last few days I've been extremely critical of Captain Sim and their practices. Well I decided it wasn't fair to judge this product so harshly and be so critical to Captain Sim, especially without owning it. So this morning I made the purchase.

This may surprise some, but boy was I wrong about this. This aircraft is excellent, systems are modeled very well, the frames (at least for myself) are smooth, above 40fps, which is consistent with my other planes. The modeling on the inside and especially the outside is fantastic. It fly's really well and I can see getting some enjoyment out of this for a while.

I publicly apologize to Captain Sim for being so harsh towards them over the last few days. Unless I have a question or issue I will likely be absent from the forum, however I wanted to post an update and publicly apologize to Captain Sim. I was very wrong about this.

That's awesome! So glad that you are enjoying it. There are some improvements to be made but I think it is a great addon overall. Just got done doing BUF-MIA in it. That thing climbs like a homesick angel if its lightly loaded!!

IP Logged

OM457

Reply #28 - May 2nd, 2020 at 9:43pm
Print Post  

This is where I'm coming. I'm not into bashing devs. I own the 757 and have fun with it despite still having odd bugs (terrain radar and A/T override for instance). And If I did want to hit your reputation, I wouldn't take time writing this, but would rather write a bunch of useless insults. I'm a civilized man, so I think two people of the same kind can have a calm debate about this. I think the 767 could sell a lot more, IF we got the answer everyone expects, which is keeping the tag price and adding more stuff, or lowering the price. Imagine, you hold an exclusivity, don't mess it up! Make us (both on marketing side and product side as well) dream, like if this was the addon we dreamt would be almost perfect. It's okay to use another company's business model, as soon as it works and nobody bothers. It wouldn't be the first time anyways. You don't win on a rager/hater by banning him. That's a lack of response. You win by proving him (by staying honest and respectful too) how wrong he was and how everyone is in love with the product, even future buyers. Make most people forget about sales (but don't delete them; I do love them Wink ), and make a big hit, like some big competitor's (****) did, despite high price. Sell us our dream aircraft, without us having to worry about future updates, expansions (that doesn't mean all in one product) or pricing. That means you'll get very popular (positively, not concerning expansion topic), you'll make money (perhaps not as much as you could per addon but selling way more copies) and THE community will happily will eagerly purchase future releases no problem. If you sold a car, to a lady who is happy, she will recommend it to another one, and if she's happy your'e making real money. Even better, if the product gets more "loaded" with actual content people (not just a few) will happily spend the money on.

So, keep working, think, perhaps modify stuff, make a surprise announcement, idk, something the community desperately wants, and launch the dream machine/ money maker. Not the Controversial war about who's right or what's priced properly.Make us spend money without fear, but with a big smile, and super positive reviews (something the 757 lacked IMO, sadly) insisting of how much worth it it is /aka how much stuff you do get for your money.

IP Logged

DXB777L

Reply #29 - May 6th, 2020 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
I saw the price also, and I almost couldn't believe it. 134$ for a CS base pack with only one engine type with the option of adding the others by paying more.  I'm not here to bash or praise, just make an informed decision about buying this product.  Having read here and in some other places it just seems for the price and "potential end price" most buyers are very disappointed.  I would love to add a 767 to my hanger, but from doing research it doesn't look like a I will. 
CS it's your company, and you set your price. I just think as a good show of faith to people that are buying, and have bought your products you should be including all three engine types in the base pack. If then I would consider buying this, and the freighter expansion.  Right now I'm now a hard no.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top