Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
SimBrief (Read 12277 times)
Derek Soares

SimBrief
Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Howdy Ya'll, every time I file a flight plan for captain Sim, I don't know where to place it so I pace it in Route and Flights in the 767-300ER folder... But when I go to load that flight plan It says "Not in Database"... Could Ya'll help me out because I'm trying to do some long hauls with over 200 waypoints (Just for fun) and I ant be asked to type out all the waypoints? Thanks again, stay safe!

IP Logged

thaliabobalia

Re: Unable to use SimBrief Flight plan?
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Derek Soares wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 7:06pm:
Howdy Ya'll, every time I file a flight plan for captain Sim, I don't know where to place it so I pace it in Route and Flights in the 767-300ER folder... But when I go to load that flight plan It says "Not in Database"... Could Ya'll help me out because I'm trying to do some long hauls with over 200 waypoints (Just for fun) and I ant be asked to type out all the waypoints? Thanks again, stay safe!

Are you familiar with inserting Simbrief flight plans in other airplanes such as the 747 or NGX from another developer? I have not had any issues with importing Simbrief flight plans into the 767. In fact, I found that the SID's and STAR's are even loaded in the FMC when I select the flight plan.

IP Logged

Bob57

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Thatialboblia,
I thought that Simbrief did not have access to CS .rt flight plan system, so we cannot import them directly as we do for other aircraft. My Simbrief downloader notes that the Flight Plan for CS is in .pln format and not in .rt format. How are getting this to work? Thanks for your help Bob.

IP Logged

Derek Soares

Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
I am aware, but where would I save the flight plan in order for me to import it via the 767 FMC?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
To load a company route, it must first be saved using the CDU. When saved from the CDU, the route is saved in the [flight simulator]\Captain_Sim\767-II\routes\ folder, as a .rt file.

If the Simbrief flight plan is saved in the Documents\[flight simulator] Files folder, then you need to load it into the CDU, then save it, and from then on, it can be entered as a company route.

From the ‘767 Captain III’Manual Part II – Aircraft Systems (CS767CAPTAINII_MANUAL_PART2.pdf)

A company route can be called from the navigation database by entering the route identifier (the *.rt file name with no extension). The data supplied with a company route can include origin and destination airports, departure runway, SID and STAR, and the route of flight.

IP Logged

Bob57

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Thank you Captain Sim, that is how I have been installing and saving flight plans for 757/767. Bob

IP Logged

Derek Soares

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
That doesn’t really help me out lol. So... imagine you’ve done the Online flight plan thing on sim brief, you download the Captain Sims Route but where do you put this route that you just downloaded? Thanks!

IP Logged

malc

Reply #7 - May 1st, 2020 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Export it from simbrief as a p3d flightplan (XXXXYYYY.pln) into your user/documents/p3dv4 files folder. Then on fmc route page request flightplan, then fltsim flight plans - it will be in the list.

As the other guys have said, if you then save it you can call it up as a company route anytime.

IP Logged

zap51

Re: SimBrief
Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
What about for FSX Steam?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: SimBrief
Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2020 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
It's the same for FSX-SE, except you export it to C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files (it might be C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files, but I think this is only if you have FSX, and FSX-SE installed)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top