25 Liveries (Read 39954 times)
PC Aviator

Re: Liveries
Reply #30 - May 10th, 2020 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
PC Aviator wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 3:36pm:
United with the new EVO livery would be great   Wink

Thanks!

Just downloaded the new United EVO livery via ACE.

Flight Sim 1998 - Present
P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #31 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Has anyone created or found a full fuselage template for painting?

For whatever reason CS refuses to provide a full fuselage leaving it to the customers to create their own. The 767 is a nice product but this lack of a full fuse template is one of the shortcomings.

Frustrating when you need to line up lines/curves for a repaint or logos that span more than one section of the partials which are in the official paint kit.

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Steved

Reply #32 - May 11th, 2020 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
PC Aviator wrote on May 10th, 2020 at 2:44pm:
Has anyone created or found a full fuselage template for painting?

For whatever reason CS refuses to provide a full fuselage leaving it to the customers to create their own. The 767 is a nice product but this lack of a full fuse template is one of the shortcomings.

Frustrating when you need to line up lines/curves for a repaint or logos that span more than one section of the partials which are in the official paint kit.

Just create a file 4096 high and 12288 long, copy merged fuse sections 1,2,3 with snap to document bounds and snap to guides enabled onto your new template.
Create vertical guides at 4096 and 8192.
The copied sections should easily snap into place @ 0,0....0,4096....0,8192 when you drag them near the boundaries and/or guides.
Viola', instant full fuse template (only basic though....you can easily use it just as a guide or spend time moving the layers from the fuse 1,2,3 masters over....I just use it as a guide then move the curves and such I need to align across the fuse sections back to their masters...too lazy to spend time building a full master...just a few copy merged's back and forth and I get perfect alignment across the fuse sections.)

Easier to do than explain, but that applies to just about every painting task, LoL

Regards,
Steve Dra

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #33 - May 11th, 2020 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Steve,

Thanks a million !!

I will give that a try  Wink

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Steved

Reply #34 - May 11th, 2020 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
PC Aviator wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 2:01pm:
Steve,

Thanks a million !!

I will give that a try  Wink

My pleasure.
Once you get the knack of it...you'll probably think of a few dozen things you can do with your new template.  Wink
One tip...label the initial fuse layers as "nose", "mid", "tail" or whatever, and LOCK them! Can't tell you how many times I forgot that last step and accidentally moved them a pixel or two and spent the next few hours pulling my hair out wondering why the line crossing between the nose and mid was 2 pixels high, low, etc.  Angry

Regards,
Steve Dra

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #35 - May 11th, 2020 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
True. I had that happen with another developer’s kit who does not provide a full fuse template. It took me awhile to figure it out just like you’ve said.

Thanks for the reminder  Smiley

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Jake Wright

Reply #36 - May 12th, 2020 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Have painted the enitre Condor 767 fleet, available here: https://www.sunnyheartvirtual.com/

IP Logged

malc

Re: 767 Master PK?
Reply #37 - May 13th, 2020 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Krake802 wrote on May 5th, 2020 at 2:07pm:
Excuse the mess, it's a major WIP but already started on her Wink - G-OBYA

I do not want appear ungrateful or impatient as its ready when its ready and you should never try and rush a skilled mans work, but I wondered if it is possible please to have another screenshot just to satisfy my overwhelming desire to fly this fine lady when she's ready ?

IP Logged

Krake802

Reply #38 - May 13th, 2020 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
malc wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 10:19am:
I do not want appear ungrateful or impatient as its ready when its ready and you should never try and rush a skilled mans work, but I wondered if it is possible please to have another screenshot just to satisfy my overwhelming desire to fly this fine lady when she's ready ?

No worries  Smiley, not much has changed except I've added the engine texture and added a few little details, but I've been having a little break from painting recently. I've done everything now, just trying to work out the dreaded horizontal curve back lines  Angry Grin

IP Logged

malc

Reply #39 - May 13th, 2020 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Cheesy

Wow - thankyou, she's looking really beautiful - you really have done an incredible job. I can see how that tail cone looks especially fiddly but then to me - it ALL looks fiddly and difficult  Grin

IP Logged

Steved

Reply #40 - May 13th, 2020 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No worries  Smiley, not much has changed except I've added the engine texture and added a few little details, but I've been having a little break from painting recently. I've done everything now, just trying to work out the dreaded horizontal curve back lines  Angry Grin

Stripes wrapping across texture boundaries....one of the hardest things to do in livery painting for sure. Shocked

In case you've not seen some of these methods in the past.....

The method I use is to employ guides, utilize the UV map, and create 1/2 of the curve and then duplicate and mirror it to the other half (That solves many alignment issues in itself) Smiley

In the screenshot below...I have the UV layer set to Hard Light and 50% so I can see the paint under it.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/481/BPYsfT.jpg

Next I put a vertical guide on the exact pixel where the stripe leaves the side fuse texture and transitions to the bottom texture ...that is where you continue the stripe (of course).
(use the green lines on the UV layer as the end of the texture boundary...do NOT use the "painted" white area that appears to be the edge of the texture boundary...its not the boundary trust me)

Then I put a horizontal guide in the exact center of the bottom texture.

I then use the pen tool to draw 1/2 the stripe on the bottom, using the horizontal guide to snap the shape to.

Finally I duplicate the shape I created with the pen tool and mirror the new layer, bounding the pivot point on that same horizontal guide to create an exact mirror of the stripe on the other side.  Wink

Good luck with your stripes!  I know what you're facing to get them done correctly.  Any way you choose to do it...its not easy. Wink

Regards,
Steve Dra

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #41 - May 13th, 2020 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Most definitely!  I do pretty much the same thing: work on one side then duplicate, flip, and align. Just what Steve said.

And the pen tool has become a good friend of mine  Smiley

Best of luck  Wink

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Krake802

Reply #42 - May 13th, 2020 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
This is basically what I'm working with; I'm almost there but not quite... I'll get back into it soon enough. Furlough isn't helping my mentality right now so not been up to a lot of stuff.  Grin

Screenshot_1.png ( 519 KB | 136 Downloads )
Screenshot_1.png

IP Logged

Krake802

Reply #43 - May 13th, 2020 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Honestly, how to make it go horizontal and not bend down and under...? I haven't the slightest clue!

Screenshot_2.png ( 219 KB | 116 Downloads )
Screenshot_2.png

IP Logged

Steved

Reply #44 - May 13th, 2020 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Krake802 wrote on May 13th, 2020 at 7:37pm:
Honestly, how to make it go horizontal and not bend down and under...? I haven't the slightest clue!

You have the guides setup ok...you just need to extend your blue from the left arrow alllllllllllllllllll the way back to the right arrow in the pic below...then tweak it.  Its a process (but I'm telling you anything you don't already know) Undecided
Its really hard to conceptualize but you have to visualize a flat piece of paper with cutouts to join the tapering fuse in the rear...painting a tube for 3 dimensions on a flat, 2 dimensional texture map is easy...until you get to the pointy parts at the ends.  Grin

Regards,
Steve Dra

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top