Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  Send TopicPrint
 25 SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS (Read 21666 times)
Alex T

Re: SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS
Reply #150 - Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:49am
Print Post  
This is something that has bothered me forever on the 757/767 but I haven't posted til now:

When you're in a particular vertical mode and it is changed by the airplane (FLCH to ALT HOLD, V/S to ALT HOLD, ALT HOLD to G/S, etc.) the MCP speed jumps to whatever speed you're at. The real plane won't do this, it'll stay at whatever was last set. The only time the real airplane will mess with your speed is when you go from a non VNAV mode to a VNAV mode and of course it'll try and manage its own speed and you'll have to do a quick speed intervention.

This is what I mean, please see the video at 6 seconds and again 48 seconds, the MCP selected speed jumps around whereas it should be staying at the speed I last selected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JnpB6r7LaA

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #151 - May 6th, 2021 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Any updates or response on this? ^^

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #152 - May 7th, 2021 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on May 6th, 2021 at 3:34pm:
Any updates or response on this? ^^

Yes, as soon as we are back to the 767 systems.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #153 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 5:24am
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:49am:
This is something that has bothered me forever on the 757/767 but I haven't posted til now:

When you're in a particular vertical mode and it is changed by the airplane (FLCH to ALT HOLD, V/S to ALT HOLD, ALT HOLD to G/S, etc.) the MCP speed jumps to whatever speed you're at. The real plane won't do this, it'll stay at whatever was last set. The only time the real airplane will mess with your speed is when you go from a non VNAV mode to a VNAV mode and of course it'll try and manage its own speed and you'll have to do a quick speed intervention.

This is what I mean, please see the video at 6 seconds and again 48 seconds, the MCP selected speed jumps around whereas it should be staying at the speed I last selected

While I'm not sure (and it's not on FCOM),FLCH to ALT HOLD, V/S to ALT HOLD, ALT HOLD to G/S, but it's weird on 75/67, when pressing FLCH from other mode and when pressing speed knob from VNAV, the speed window will actually jumps to current airpeed according to FCOM. unlike the 737 and 777 etc...

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #154 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Jun 28th, 2021 at 5:24am:
Alex T wrote on Apr 20th, 2021 at 3:49am:

While I'm not sure (and it's not on FCOM),FLCH to ALT HOLD, V/S to ALT HOLD, ALT HOLD to G/S, but it's weird on 75/67, when pressing FLCH from other mode and when pressing speed knob from VNAV, the speed window will actually jumps to current airpeed according to FCOM. unlike the 737 and 777 etc...

Yes that's true, but what I was saying in the bug report was when the airplane changes the vertical mode for you, the speed will not jump. Like when you're going from FLCH to G/S or ALT HOLD, ALT HOLD to G/S, V/S to ALT HOLD etc. When going into speed intervention (pushing the speed knob) it'll be bugged at current speed, just like the flight manual / FCOM says:

"Flight Level Change (FLCH) Switch push: Selects FLCH mode and sets IAS/MACH window and command airspeed
bugs to current airspeed."

IP Logged

nmatus

Reply #155 - Aug 1st, 2021 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Prepar3D v5 - v1.002 / GE 1.1

During Engine Start, EGT does not rise while starting Engine 2. When starting Engine 1, both EGT rise at the same time.

This does not happen when you start Engine 1 first and Engine 2 second. (Starts Normally)

youtube(dot)com/watch?v=JbxFKhXYg_0

(Replace dot with an actual dot to see the vid)

IP Logged

Darien

Reply #156 - Aug 2nd, 2021 at 7:34am
Print Post  
I'm usually used to being able to manually put in the ZFW but with the CF I'm not able to.. I can do it with the other variants and I believe the same for the 757F. But it'd be nice to type in my ZFW.

https://youtu.be/JaaaQJM25RE

IP Logged

MadBenNI

Reply #157 - Aug 4th, 2021 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Darien wrote on Aug 2nd, 2021 at 7:34am:
I'm usually used to being able to manually put in the ZFW but with the CF I'm not able to.. I can do it with the other variants and I believe the same for the 757F. But it'd be nice to type in my ZFW.

https://youtu.be/JaaaQJM25RE

I am having the same issue which is really annoying.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #158 - Aug 28th, 2021 at 9:54am
Print Post  
nmatus wrote on Aug 1st, 2021 at 5:09am:

During Engine Start, EGT does not rise while starting Engine 2. When starting Engine 1, both EGT rise at the same time.

This does not happen when you start Engine 1 first and Engine 2 second. (Starts Normally)

This happens to PW version for 1.001 as well
Also if I start ENG1 first, it will get ENG2 EGT hot, normally it's not shown , but if you put ENG2 start switch to start, you can see it.

IP Logged

Desmond

Reply #159 - Aug 29th, 2021 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Aug 28th, 2021 at 9:54am:
nmatus wrote on Aug 1st, 2021 at 5:09am:

This happens to PW version for 1.001 as well
Also if I start ENG1 first, it will get ENG2 EGT hot, normally it's not shown , but if you put ENG2 start switch to start, you can see it.

I confirm I have exactly the same issue.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #160 - Aug 30th, 2021 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
For the 757 AND 767 I notice starting an engine on external power the engine generator doesn't take over as it's supposed to. External power usually does have priority but:

"Pushing the EXT PWR switch on replaces the engine generators or the APU
generator with external power. If external power is powering the busses and an
engine is started, that engine generator automatically powers its associated bus,
displacing external power."

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #161 - Aug 31st, 2021 at 2:51am
Print Post  
for the 757 and the 767 in general the sequence of generator power during engine start is a little off.
This video (although in a another company sim) is a near perfect representation of how the stuff acts during a start on RR:

https://vimeopro.com/ifilmhd/757-flight-procedures/video/187170346

>The "DRIVE" light on the GEN DRIVE DISC button should extinguish at roughly 20-25% N3/N2

>The power transfer events like the screens flashing and AC Busses momentarily losing power should be happening above around 47% N2/3 with the GENERATOR CONT "OFF" light extinguishing, not with the DRIVE disc light extinguishing.

>During engine start can we make it so the master caution doesn't come on for the related cautions? The aural tone is inhibited during engine start.

>Notice how starting the right engine everything on the right bus flashes for a moment just like Captain Sim made it. Only thing missing is the left ELEC Hydraulic Pump. For the left bus power transfer the C1 hydraulic pump and right electric pump both should flash too

>All the electric hydraulic pumps have a built in start delay timer all ranging from 3-5 seconds to avoid large electrical draw, see in the video how the press lights stay on for different times, this would be realistic to see!

IP Logged

Patricio

Reply #162 - Sep 17th, 2021 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
P3Dv4.5 sim to be rare?
After loaded CS-767 (very last version) started take-off planned to fly FL350 and suddenly at 15000 ft the Bird started bouncing side to side. Bird stalled.
Another flight I did getting bouncing side to side in Approach but was be able to land, finally.
By reading this thread I don't see where can be the answer so I wonder if it will be an update to fix bugs ???
Patricio Valdes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top