10 GE CF Engines? (Read 735 times)
MSpencer

Re: GE CF Engines?
Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2020 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
OperatorDerp wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 3:05pm:
Redz Carib268 wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 12:55pm:
Ryan Vince wrote on Apr 28th, 2020 at 12:04am:
Hopefully we hear something soon, I would love to fly many airlines that only have the GE engines.

Yea Ryan, idk what the deal is putting out a variant that's not highly used.

sigh...

Money, Money is the reason. Same with the 757, they were going to release Just PW and put a price tag on every other expansion, Just like oh I don't know every other aircraft they've released. The community Complained enough that they canned the engine expansion. The Resounding call from the community is Transparency and Reasoning, Neither of which we've got

Did they verify no engine expansions are coming? I looked for this and did not find it.

I'm still very much on the fence about buying this plane. It's overpriced for sure... and I am unsure about my feelings about the CS products I already own. But, I really want a 767... and I really would want all the engine options. If there's no engine options coming I can't see myself buying it anymore.

IP Logged

spence

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2020 at 4:05am
Print Post  
KBUF_Aviator wrote on Jun 27th, 2020 at 1:39pm:
While it may be true that DAL has more PW birds then GE birds, the reality is that the GE birds are younger in general compared to the PW birds. The PW birds will be on the chopping block soon enough with 330neos replacing them, while the GE birds will most likely stick around for a little longer. In saying that UAL was the 2nd largest pax 767 customer, it was in fact AAL having a vastly greater number of 767-300ERs over UAL. With that, all of the former AAL 767s were GE powered, with the TWA jets being dumped quickly after the merger was complete. That's just for passenger jets. GEs dominate the freighter market as well for the 767, with nearly all converted freighters and all new build freighters being GE powered. It's safe to say that the GEs hold a sizeable market share on the 767, and it's inclusion in this product line should be a given, especially considering the former product line included GEs.

If I am correct, only the 767 CF6 remains in production. The PW4000 and RB211 are out of production completely.

IP Logged

Swapnil

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2020 at 6:23am
Print Post  
spence wrote on Jul 7th, 2020 at 4:05am:
KBUF_Aviator wrote on Jun 27th, 2020 at 1:39pm:
While it may be true that DAL has more PW birds then GE birds, the reality is that the GE birds are younger in general compared to the PW birds. The PW birds will be on the chopping block soon enough with 330neos replacing them, while the GE birds will most likely stick around for a little longer. In saying that UAL was the 2nd largest pax 767 customer, it was in fact AAL having a vastly greater number of 767-300ERs over UAL. With that, all of the former AAL 767s were GE powered, with the TWA jets being dumped quickly after the merger was complete. That's just for passenger jets. GEs dominate the freighter market as well for the 767, with nearly all converted freighters and all new build freighters being GE powered. It's safe to say that the GEs hold a sizeable market share on the 767, and it's inclusion in this product line should be a given, especially considering the former product line included GEs.

If I am correct, only the 767 CF6 remains in production. The PW4000 and RB211 are out of production completely.

Not entirely true as the 767-2C Variant which is the civilian designation for the KC-46 is powered by brand new PW4060's delivered by PW. However, it is irrefutable that the RB211-524G/H-T powered 767's are out of production and so are the engines.

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top