Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
 25 SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS (Read 9366 times)
PeteFly82

Re: SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS
Reply #75 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:24am
Print Post  
APU was already running and 757 was also linked to external power.
Now I switched OFF the external power link and electricity automatically switched to APU power. So far so good.

But during that automatic electricity switch, the right FMS in VC lost all text on it.
The text on the right FMS in VC did only re-appear after showing/closing the right FMS as 2D gauge.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #76 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 1:44am
Print Post  
CDU2 goes blank scenen after power switch on R AC BUS.
This only happens when CDU2 are not on the IDENT (the default page on first power up), normally I set it on LEGS page in preflight, after pushback and start ENG2, as the power switch to APU to ENG2, FO's screen flashes as the power switch, but the CDU2 would not come up again, untile I press any buttons on it.

Might related to pete's problem above, but a little different. not very annoying, but hope it'd be easy to fix.

IP Logged

PeteFly82

Reply #77 - Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
2D gauge of the VC navigation display only updating every 30-60sec
happens often to left one 2D gauge, sometimes even to the right one 2D gauge

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #78 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 3:26am
Print Post  
PeteFly82 wrote on Mar 20th, 2021 at 8:57pm:
2D gauge of the VC navigation display only updating every 30-60sec
happens often to left one 2D gauge, sometimes even to the right one 2D gauge

I have noticed that only when the gauge quality are set from low to medium, still a bug worth CS to look into.

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #79 - May 23rd, 2021 at 6:08am
Print Post  
trevors wrote on Feb 20th, 2021 at 11:18am:
1.       The EPR values for the RR engines are still not correct. At FL350 with a mass of 220,000lb , the EPR should be about 1.60. The CS model is reading 1.45. Please note that the N1 values are correct.

2.      The change-over from IAS to Mach in the climb is still delayed.

3.      The VNAV descent is still not correct. I see other users have also mentioned this. The CS model is adjusting VS between each waypoint. This should not be the case. The FMC should calculate a steady descent between present position and the next hard altitude constraint - not for every waypoint along the way. As a result, the plane will descend at -1000t/min between 2 point and then between the next 2, it dives at -4500 ft/min and the plane greatly overspeeds while in idle thrust. I have attached files where this has happened.

Regards

When is CS going to attend to these problems, especially the VNAV logic?

Trevor

IP Logged

danielcavalier

Reply #80 - May 23rd, 2021 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
trevors wrote on May 23rd, 2021 at 6:08am:
1.       The EPR values for the RR engines are still not correct. At FL350 with a mass of 220,000lb , the EPR should be about 1.60. The CS model is reading 1.45. Please note that the N1 values are correct.

3.      The VNAV descent is still not correct. I see other users have also mentioned this. The CS model is adjusting VS between each waypoint. This should not be the case. The FMC should calculate a steady descent between present position and the next hard altitude constraint - not for every waypoint along the way. As a result, the plane will descend at -1000t/min between 2 point and then between the next 2, it dives at -4500 ft/min and the plane greatly overspeeds while in idle thrust. I have attached files where this has happened.

Regards

When is CS going to attend to these problems, especially the VNAV logic?

+1
The VNAV being broken for 3 years now is a joke. I would not have purchased the addon if I had known the after support was so terrible.

Mere acknowledgement from Captain Sim would be nice. They find the time to fix these bugs in the 737 and 767 lines.

It's curious that the new lines of products had the same bugs as the older lines until they decided patch them, and then they expect us to be grateful for the patch.

At the moment using VNAV in this plane is impossible. Things like the aircraft snapping between two different power and pitch settings are untenable

IP Logged

Stefan Blei

Reply #81 - Jun 5th, 2021 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Dear Sir or Madam,

i am a big fan of the Boeing 757 in all his versions. I am on P3D V 5.1 and bought this plane including all addons. My main issues are at the moment after about 250 hours in this plane:

Prioritiy 1: VNAV:

The VNAV does not behave like i know this from other planes/addons. If i reach the T/D the plane dives very steep with about 4.500ft/min and runs into overspeed despite having speed brakes fully engaged. I tried an "early T/D" like mentioned in the manual via "DES NOW" within 50nm from the T/D. The plane then decends much smoother. BUT: From the transition of one waypoint to the other waypoint the FMC Speed indicator in the HSI and the speed constraints in the FMC jumping like crazy from 170, 240, 314, 170, 160 and so on, calculating the speed every second. The autothrottle goes up and down the whole process. Then also when you are near the last waypoints of the approach the plane accelerates in "THRUST HOLD" mode until it reaches overspeed and even accelerating with no end. I had to manage speed manually via speed intervention. I guess this VNAV ist broken and had to be fixed urgent. It is a big issue for someone like me, spending the about 200$ for all the addons including the base package.

Additionally the second priority issue:

I also got the 767 and 737 Beta from CS. There the hardware-throttle is not connected to the software autothrottle. In the 757 it is and this causes issues when the throttle is not in idle when A/T is engaged. I would appreciate if the 757 can be updated/upgraded to that newer A/T mechanism.

Best regards

Stefan Blei

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #82 - Jun 12th, 2021 at 7:13am
Print Post  

Regards

Photos were attached in original post

Trevor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top