Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS (Read 3015 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS
Reply #15 - Jan 11th, 2020 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

CaptLE

Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2020 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
CaptLE wrote on Dec 20th, 2019 at 8:41pm:
THRUST REQUIRED FMC Message

Yes, working in 1.502, thanks!

Liam Evans

IP Logged

Av8ter

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Is it known or any fix for the VNAV descent, it disregards any set speed descent, dives for an altitude and allows itself to overspeed. At least a few times descending it also decides at level off to disengage VNAV....

AIIR#6

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #18 - Feb 11th, 2020 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Flaps/Slats won't move with engines off.
Today I fly into a snowing airport, as cold weather procedures, I set flaps 20 after landing, and taxi into gate, power on APU and shutdown, let ground crew check the flaps then retract to 0, while all my Hydualic EMDPs are running and pressures are in R hyd system, the flaps won't move (not even slowlly). Then I tried ALTN Flaps which use elec motor, but it doesn't work either.

AIIR#4

IP Logged

tommchowat

Reply #19 - Mar 10th, 2020 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys.

FD takeoff indications still not working for me, PW plane, version 1.503.

KATL RWY 27R M20 intersection
Wind 230/3
Temp 14
Altimeter 3022

FMC data:

Flaps 5
51C assumed temperature
Speeds 136, 136, 145
TOW 186.8 lbs

145 set in MCP
FMA on Takeoff: EPR | TO | TO | FD

Flight director still commanded a stupid pitch attitude of about 8 degrees, I had to manually pitch to around 16-17 degrees to keep around 160 knots. Engaged VNAV at 1000 AAL and commands became sensible again.

AIIR#6

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2020 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2020 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Feb 11th, 2020 at 8:37am:
Today I fly into a snowing airport, as cold weather procedures, I set flaps 20 after landing, and taxi into gate, power on APU and shutdown, let ground crew check the flaps then retract to 0, while all my Hydualic EMDPs are running and pressures are in R hyd system, the flaps won't move (not even slowlly). Then I tried ALTN Flaps which use elec motor, but it doesn't work either.

AIIR#4

I just find I worte it worng as R system, Flaps and slats should be opreate by L system
whatever, it won't move (or it only move less than 5 unit before it stops) if both engines are off and ALL EMDPs are on.
On CS757 manual II p517~518 says EMDP on Left hyd can provide power to Flaps/slats

Also on page 222 shows ALTERNATE OPREATION will be done by Electirc motors, but it won't works too with engines off and APU or GPU in.

As soon as any engine is turnning, like by starters, not even started and running, both normal and altn opreation will work, while the hyd pressure shown on STATUS page has not changed.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #22 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 7:54am
Print Post  
EPR command/actual misalign on RR
Just got the RR version, it seems to me, at least on RR535E4 version. the commanded EPR and actual EPR are not aligned after engine stablized (CS FCOM 3 p.151 7.Command Thrust level). it offset by some whether command by AT or manually.

I just bought RR version, and my install sequence was Base1500, HF1503(long done), then RR1500, HF1503.

Prepar3D_2020-04-18_15-46-14-48.jpg ( 311 KB | 20 Downloads )
Prepar3D_2020-04-18_15-46-14-48.jpg

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #23 - Apr 22nd, 2020 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Apr 12th, 2020 at 4:03pm:
Angel of Attack wrote on Feb 11th, 2020 at 8:37am:

AIIR#4

I just find I worte it worng as R system, Flaps and slats should be opreate by L system
whatever, it won't move (or it only move less than 5 unit before it stops) if both engines are off and ALL EMDPs are on.
On CS757 manual II p517~518 says EMDP on Left hyd can provide power to Flaps/slats

Also on page 222 shows ALTERNATE OPREATION will be done by Electirc motors, but it won't works too with engines off and APU or GPU in.

As soon as any engine is turnning, like by starters, not even started and running, both normal and altn opreation will work, while the hyd pressure shown on STATUS page has not changed.

Actually an easy fix for this.. so the issue is CS tied the flap animation to the normal P3D/FSX way of them moving. So as far as P3D calculates it, you don’t have actual hydraulic pressure unless an engine is running. I modified the [flaps.x] section on the aircraft.cfg.
I changed the system type from type=1 (hydraulic) to type=0 (electric).

Of course this sounds wrong, but it’s actually right as far as modeling goes! Now, my flaps don’t move at all unless the proper hydraulic system is powered. If the engines are off and the HYD system is powered, the flaps will move, if the engines are on and the HYD system is off, they won’t move. Just like in real life.

IP Logged

Angel of Attack

Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on Apr 22nd, 2020 at 3:55pm:
Actually an easy fix for this.. so the issue is CS tied the flap animation to the normal P3D/FSX way of them moving. So as far as P3D calculates it, you don’t have actual hydraulic pressure unless an engine is running. I modified the [flaps.x] section on the aircraft.cfg.

Of course this sounds wrong, but it’s actually right as far as modeling goes! Now, my flaps don’t move at all unless the proper hydraulic system is powered. If the engines are off and the HYD system is powered, the flaps will move, if the engines are on and the HYD system is off, they won’t move. Just like in real life.

That actually work under any possible condition I could came up with thanks a lot! Cheesy

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Angel of Attack wrote on Apr 30th, 2020 at 2:48pm:
Alex T wrote on Apr 22nd, 2020 at 3:55pm:

That actually work under any possible condition I could came up with thanks a lot! Cheesy

Yes! (hey CS You can steal my fix permanently for the 757/767 it's been tested extensively and ALWAYS works)  Tongue Even when using alternate flaps

IP Logged

CaptLE

Reply #26 - May 2nd, 2020 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
[FSX 1.503]

"AUTOPILOT" annunciation with light, EICAS message and master caution whilst landing in MCP APP mode with the autopilot disconnected.

From Manual Part II:
"Autopilot (AUTO PILOT) Light:

Illuminated (amber) -
- a degraded operating condition exists in engaged autopilot" (page 97)

and

"AUTOPILOT, Caution, AUTO PILOT, Beeper

The engaged autopilot is operating in a degraded mode.
Engaged roll and/or pitch mode may have failed." (page 115)

The autopilot is disengaged in this scenario, but the message still shows.

Liam Evans

IP Logged

CaptLE

Reply #27 - May 3rd, 2020 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Screenshot for the above post, 'AUTOPILOT' occurring at 10 ft RA:

(also the AUTOPILOT DISC message is left on the EICAS to show that the A/P was manually disengaged earlier on the approach)

AUTOPILOT_EICAS.JPG ( 191 KB | 11 Downloads )
AUTOPILOT_EICAS.JPG

Liam Evans

IP Logged

phantomphlyer
Beta Team

Incurrect fuel flow display (lbs vs Kg)
Reply #28 - May 10th, 2020 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
In the B757-200F it seems that the actual fuel fuel is being displayed in pounds while the fuel weight was changed to KG via CDU - Menu (KG is correctly displayed on the overhead panel).

IP Logged

phantomphlyer
Beta Team

Reply #29 - May 10th, 2020 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
In the B757-200F it seems that the displayed fuel flow is shown in lbs while the fuel weight was changed into Kg, which is correctly displayed on the overhead panel.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top