Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Unflyable - Please Help! (Read 1133 times)
cafa69

Unflyable - Please Help!
Aug 18th, 2019 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Unflyable

Purchased 757 and RR expansion pack
Running latest P#Dv4.6 and have the latest version of BASE PACK and RR add-on.

Aircraft stabilizer moves by itself regardless of autopilot on/off. If I manually move the stabilizer trim to full up or full down, it moves on its own to neutral. I cannot manage to take off. If I use the “slew” option and “place” the aircraft at any altitudes, same thing happens. Unable to climb or descend, turn left or right, or use the autopilot. If I use an external view, I can see all control surfaces move with my inputs but aircraft does not respond. ONLY thing that works is the autothrottle.

I have started the 757 in ALL states, from cold and dark, to ready for take off with NO result. I can taxi, turn stop, etc…. but have no control of stabilizer trim, take off, or turn left or right in air (after “slewing” in the air)

I have deleted and reinstalled several times with no result. I’ve followed the Windows 10 warnings and instructions on Defender, etc. Nothing! Have had this aircraft since it was released for P3Dv4 and have not been able to make it work.

I was patiently waiting for an update since I know new products have bugs, but now it remains unflyable after ALL the updates -on.
Please help

IP Logged

trevors

Re: Unflyable - Please Help!
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Did you download and install with your AV off?
That sounds like a sympton of AV interference.

Trevor

IP Logged

cafa69

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Trevor,

I have installed both (Captain Sim 757 and 777) with Windows 10 AV off as per installation instructions. The 777 works flawlessly! The 757 does not.

I have reinstalled the 757 several times with no success. (note: it never asks me for the registration or activation upon reinstallation.. but I do delete the aircraft folder after uninstalling the 757 as per instructions on this forum)

If I load up the aircraft and immediately hit an "outside" view, I can see the stabilizer "trim" slowly moving to "neutral position". If I manually adjust stab trim full up or full down, it slowly moves back to the "neutral" position (with no indication in the cockpit stab-trim levers).

Regardless, If I place the aircraft at any altitude using the "slew" command, lets say 18,000 feet and 250knts, she just flies straight. Cannot turn, climb, or descend. As if the autopilot is on. NOTE, also if I DO turn on the autopilot, I cannot change heading or altitude. She just flies straight.

How can I uninstall the 757 as if I was moving to another PC so it DOES ask me for the activation key? In other words, to do a CLEAN re-install of the product with no history of past installation?

I'm stumped since all other aircraft add-ons work perfectly, INCLUDING the Captain Sim 777.

Please note I've had NO problems with the "ACE" app. Have installed liveries and with no problems before. Done so many times but since re-installation, I have not re-downloaded any liveries until I can get the "base" airplane to work. Including the RR expansion base aircraft.

I have had no luck with it and just waited for an update to the product thinking that was the problem. But I've updated it 2 or 3 times since initial release.. now using the latest.. v1.404 (07JUN'19) with the same problem.

Thanks

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
cafa69 wrote on Aug 19th, 2019 at 4:54pm:
How can I uninstall the 757 as if I was moving to another PC so it DOES ask me for the activation key? In other words, to do a CLEAN re-install of the product with no history of past installation?

That won't help.
Most likey you use a corrupted flight.
Delete all saved flights and try default CS flights.

IP Logged

cafa69

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
IT WORKED!! THANK YOU!!

I had one flight saved when I initially bought the product last year. After deleting and re-starting the sim it works!!

I can't believe I can actually fly the plane now!!

THANKS TREVOR!!!!

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2019 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Don't thank me, thank CS support.

Trevor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top