Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Autobrake (Read 1182 times)
silverheels

Autobrake
Jul 29th, 2019 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Hello:
I am running FSX boxed and version 757 Captain III 1.404 downloaded on 6/25/19. I am also running Saitek equipment yoke, throttles, and pedals. I have noticed that the Autobrake function does not appear to be working at all in my system. I have made about 15 flights with the passenger and freight models. The autobrake switch goes immediately to Disarm when the wheels touch the runway, and there does not appear to be any braking action. I have researched this and there are threads on this with the earlier 757 release but I could not find a suggested workaround or solution. I have tried different combinations of sensitivity and null on the pedals with no effect. The switch goes to disarm on touchdown and no apparent breaking action. The touchdowns have been as desired with no bouncing or skipping. I arm the spoilers on final and they appear to function normally.
If this is a bug in Captain 757 III it should be addressed with hotfix soonest.
Thank you
Rick

Update: I experimented with different values for Auto_brake=__ in the aircraft.cfg file. The coded in value is auto_brake=5, which is manifest in the description above. I first tried auto_brake=0 and that produced no change. The autobrake switch goes to Disarm on wheel contact. Next I tried auto_brake =1 which may be the default FSX autobrake? This value seems to work. I tried 3 autoland approaches with autobrake set to max and it appears to be working. At least the switch doesn't cycle to Disarm on wheel contact. And the aircraft does slow down, but rather slowly. Then I hand flew a final and the same result. And the stopping distance was around 4500 ft. So it seems to me that auto_brake=1 does appear to have a positive result.
What say you Captain Sim?
Rick

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Autobrake
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:00am
Print Post  
I'm using a VKBSim Gladiator II joystick, and the autobrakes work fine in FSX boxed (also in FSX-SE), so maybe the problem is with your pedals.
When landing, I can set the Autobrakes to any setting, 1 through to Max, and they work fine (as in brake hard on Max, brake gently on 1).
I have not had to change the settings in the aircraft.cfg from auto_brakes=5.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

silverheels

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:00am:
I'm using a VKBSim Gladiator II joystick, and the autobrakes work fine in FSX boxed (also in FSX-SE), so maybe the problem is with your pedals.
When landing, I can set the Autobrakes to any setting, 1 through to Max, and they work fine (as in brake hard on Max, brake gently on 1).

Yes, I'm sure you are correct here. I just haven't found the magic trick yet   Sad

IP Logged

silverheels

Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
silverheels wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 3:40pm:
Markoz wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 12:00am:

Yes, I'm sure you are correct here. I just haven't found the magic trick yet   Sad

Well Mark, I finally have a fix. I first calibrated the pedals and increased the null area. That seemed to help but not a cure. But then I traced the problem to the throttles, and the reverse thrust in particular. As you know, the aurobrake cycles to Disarm if the throttles are advanced after touchdown. I had reverse thrust set up as moving the throttles back past idle. I have been doing that forever with nary a problem with other aircraft. It appears that the 757 autobrake was sensing the throttle movement, even though it was into reverse thrust, and popping to disarm. So I just arranged a switch on the Saitek throttle to enable reverse thrust and all is well. Thanks for your help. Smiley
Rick

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top