Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Just purchased - some question... (Read 1722 times)
garydpoole

Just purchased - some question...
Jul 28th, 2019 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Hello

Just purchased the 777 II and have some questions that I seem unable to find answers to in the manuals:

1) The ACE utility has an option labelled, "LL Intensity" - was does this do and what effect does it have ?

2) Where should user created flightplans be located so that they are accessible through the FMS ?

3) What format flightplans are supported ?

4) The ACE "Optional Equipment" settings are having no effect on the GE90B model that I'm using as it perpetually shows all aerials and domes. I can see the value changing in the "aircraft.cfg" file via a text editor, but once the plane loads, all options are still being modelled.  Is this a known bug ?

5) Is there a utility to adjust fuel and payload ?

6) Any performance tips specific to the 777 II - the manual contains a link, but it's for the 757 ?

7) I seem unable to activate the Simicons panel using Shift+2. I have checked (and double checked) and I cannot see this key combination used anywhere else within the sim ? Is it possible to customise this key combination ?

Thanks

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Just purchased - some question...
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 2:17am
Print Post  
1) LL Intensity is the brightness of the Landing Lights, and Taxi  Lights. If you feel they are too bright, change it from Regular to Low.

2) If they are made using the default flight planner, the defauilt location, Documents\Prepar3D Files, is fine. The .RT routes are saved in the P3Dv4\Captain_Sim\navigation\routes folder.

3) *It uses Captain Sims .RT format (but it's newer than that used on the older 757 v4.6, and 767 v1.5), and the default P3Dv4 .PLN format.

4) It works on the GE90B models for me. Installation problem?

5) Press the F&P icon on the Simicon Panel (Shift+2), and you can set the fuel, passenger, and cargo for the current model loaed into P3Dv4.

6) Go to the 777 II SimOps page, and download the manual.

7) Installation problem? Do other 2D panels open (Shift+3/4/5/6/7/8)?

* PFPX saves in the older .RT, so saved flight plans from it wont work for the 777 II, unless you save them as a default P3Dv4 .PLN in Documents\Prepar3D Files (same applies to flightplans made with any 3rd patry software).

The general thing is that the 777 II might not be installed correctly (AV interference), as in the trouble with #4, and #7.
Also, it's best to run the ACE as an adminstrator, so that it has the rights to make any changes.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

garydpoole

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Hello Markoz

Thank you for your reply.

However, I'm concerned about your reference to an "Installation problem". The 777 was installed under administrator right with AV disabled and went without a hitch. Other than the issues mentioned, all actual aircraft systems appears fine.

How would one definitively know of an installation problem ?

No other shift+ keys are working.

Regarding the domes etc, I have noticed that this problem has been raised on this forum by another user and I got the impression that the issue was never fully addressed on their installation ?

I've installed a BA livery which appears fine in the sim, so the "aircraft.cfg" file is being read ok. So if it was an installation problem, how is it that the livery entry is being read ok in the cfg file, but not its associated aerial setting ?

Regarding the tips, as I mentioned, I have downloaded the manual, but the hyperlink takes me to performance tips for the 757 ?

Can the shift+2 Simicons key be mapped to another key combination ?

Thanks

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm concerned about your reference to an "Installation problem". The 777 was installed under administrator right with AV disabled and went without a hitch. Other than the issues mentioned, all actual aircraft systems appears fine.

How would one definitively know of an installation problem ?

Seeing as I don't have most of the problems you're having, either something wasn't installed properly, or your AV is interfering with it after it is installed.

Quote:
No other shift+ keys are working.

It's strange that they aren't working for you, yet they all work for me. Undecided

Quote:
Regarding the domes etc, I have noticed that this problem has been raised on this forum by another user and I got the impression that the issue was never fully addressed on their installation ?

I've installed a BA livery which appears fine in the sim, so the "aircraft.cfg" file is being read ok. So if it was an installation problem, how is it that the livery entry is being read ok in the cfg file, but not its associated aerial setting ?

Seeing as I didn't have any liveries re-added to the 777 Captain II  (since my last full install) when I previously answered, I didn't realise that it wasn't working on the added liveries (I obviosly misread/misunderstood your post, and thought that it wasn't working on the Base Pack livery either).

I added the British Airways G-VIIT, and the antenna/dome changes don't work! It copied the antenna/dome settings that I had on the Captain Sim House 2019 1 livery when I added it, but further changes to the British Airways G-VIIT livery, don't work! So it appears that it really IS a bug!

Quote:
Regarding the tips, as I mentioned, I have downloaded the manual, but the hyperlink takes me to performance tips for the 757 ?

Where are these performance tips that you clicked on, and got sent to the performance tips for the 757?

Quote:
Can the shift+2 Simicons key be mapped to another key combination ?

Yes. But only if the order of the panels has been edited in panel.cfg. If you open the panel.cfg (with Notepad), and you see this:

[Window01]
size_mm=120,160
background_color=0,0,0
window_pos=0.000,0.75
type=special
visible=1
render_3d_window=0
zorder=99
ident=11101
gauge00=Captain_Sim.y777.tools!icons,        0,   0, 120, 160

Then SHIFT+2 should open the SimIcons panel. If it's listed as anything other than [Window01], then another SHIFT+# needs to be used (until you reach [Window08]). i.e. if it was [Windows03], then SHIFT+4 would open the SimIcons panel.

Can you open the panels using the Menu (ALT) > Vehicle > Instrument Panel > SimIcons?

Note. I have the Prepar3D v4 installation folder added to the exclusions list of my Anti Virus (Avast Free). I did this to prevent Avast from deleting files it considers to be a virus (false positive), which can happen with some of the gauge files that Captain Sim have created. I don't know why it gives them a false positive, but it does.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

garydpoole

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Hello Markoz

Thanks again for your help.

I'm pleased to report that all popup panels are now working fine.

I wasn't aware that these could be accessed as standard panels as opposed to bespoke CS items. Once you'd clarified this, I was able to determine that their "Shift+" activation keys were missing from the "Controls" Menu setting. Added them and problem went away !

Regarding the dome issue, I fixed this by moving the BA repaint to the [fltsim.0] position, ie, swapping it with the default CS texture.

Once again, many thanks !

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
garydpoole wrote on Jul 30th, 2019 at 6:45pm:
Regarding the dome issue, I fixed this by moving the BA repaint to the [fltsim.0] position, ie, swapping it with the default CS texture.

My way around that, is to change it on the Captain Sim House 2019 1 livery [fltsim.0], then copy and paste the ui_ant=####, i.e. copy and paste ui_ants=1482 to the [fltsim.1] entry.

Each to their own I guess. Grin

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top