Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
version 4.4.0.0 required.... but I am on 4.5? (Read 1137 times)
Adam_UK

version 4.4.0.0 required.... but I am on 4.5?
Jul 22nd, 2019 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Hi There!

I have just downloaded the latest versions of the installers for the CS 757 III base pack and RR expansion.

Having installed the base pack fine (although the installer warned it couldn't find P3D, it still installed) I am having a problem trying to install the RR expansion.

When I attempt to Run the installer I go past the first screen or two and then get the attached error message. It would appear the installer is not seeing the version of my P3D (hence the gap left in the message string where the version should be!). My P3D is FULLY up to date, so not sure why this would be.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Adam

PS I AM installing as admin!

PPS I have now also tried a complete uninstall, including searching for and removing entries in my windows registry which Captain Sim left. I also downloaded both installers again. My Anti Virus is disabled. Same error.

PPPS I have now also checked that my install location for P3Dv4 in the registry is correct, and it is... see second screenshot below... tried uploading to my webserver but that is currently down... not a productive day today!

PPPPS The old installer for the RR expansion for csr572_1300 still installs without error (haven't tested it in the sim - but assume it would work there).

message.png (Attachment deleted)

"My soul is in the sky." - William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', Act V. Scene I https://flyuk.aero/signature/UKV1141

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: version 4.4.0.0 required.... but I am on 4.5?
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
What P3D version do you see in the P3D HELP>ABOUT... menu?

IP Logged

Adam_UK

Re: version 4.4.0.0 required.... but I am on 4.5?
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Hi!

In the Help > About menu the version is 4.5.12.30293 and I'm using P3D v4 Professional. SimConnect version is 4.5.0.0

Thanks

Adam

"My soul is in the sky." - William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream', Act V. Scene I https://flyuk.aero/signature/UKV1141

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top