Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 very nice surprise! (Read 3625 times)
PeteFly82

very nice surprise!
Jul 18th, 2019 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
very nice surprise!
Thank you CS Smiley

Can't wait to do some testflights this weekend.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: very nice surprise!
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2019 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Thank you, enjoy!

IP Logged

chasensfo

Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Ahoy there,

So when the 737-200 was released mostly as a port over like the L-1011, it was said that all the port overs would be free to download for owners of the P3Dv3 versions once they are ported to P3Dv4. The 757 was said to be a whole new product, but this L-1011 is admittedly a direct port over to P3Dv4. Will there be a download option added for this version to the download links in our previous purchase of the L-1011 for P3Dv3 then? I had purchased just about every FSX-P3Dv3 airliner you guys made directly from the site, it would be nice if what was spoken with the release of the 737-200 was upheld.

IP Logged

samtheeagle

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Yeah I was also under the impression that this would be a free upgrade. At a push I might stump up a modest upgrade fee but 50 bucks? No thanks. I'm sorry CaptainSim, I used to be a supporter of you guys, but the recent predatory pricing approach is turning me off big time which is a real shame. Your legendary Mig-21 I purchased back in 2002 was my first payware add on IIRC...

IP Logged

ayster

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:01am
Print Post  
samtheeagle wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:44am:
Yeah I was also under the impression that this would be a free upgrade. At a push I might stump up a modest upgrade fee but 50 bucks? No thanks. I'm sorry CaptainSim, I used to be a supporter of you guys, but the recent predatory pricing approach is turning me off big time which is a real shame...

Agreed, i also thought this would be free to existing p3d v3 customers.  Cry

Cheers, Ayster

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Agreed, i also thought this would be free to existing p3d v3 customers

Me too Undecided

Kai

IP Logged

Alex Kuzmin

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
And very small discount for FSX-version buyers?  Wink

P.S. Cool surprise!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
chasensfo wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 1:04am:
So when the 737-200 was released mostly as a port over like the L-1011, it was said that all the port overs would be free to download for owners of the P3Dv3 versions once they are ported to P3Dv4.

1. We never said that.
2. In opposite, we said the 732 P3D4 free upgrade was a big mistake. It was our very first 64-bit upgrade, we were young and stupid.
3. A port over doesn't mean it's the same thing. It's a big job itself plus new features. Unfortunately we do not work for free.
4. Has any FSX/P3D3 sim user got Prepar3D v4 sim for free? No. Why do you expect our products to be free? If you still do, please stop Wink

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

Kai-Uwe Weiss

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Unfortunately we do not work for free

Nobody asks for this seriously. But a discount price like other airplane developers would be fair and nice.

Kai

IP Logged

chasensfo

Reply #10 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 2:16am
Print Post  
So when the 737-200 was released mostly as a port over like the L-1011, it was said that all the port overs would be free to download for owners of the P3Dv3 versions once they are ported to P3Dv4.

1. We never said that.
2. In opposite, we said the 732 P3D4 free upgrade was a big mistake. It was our very first 64-bit upgrade, we were young and stupid.
3. A port over doesn't mean it's the same thing. It's a big job itself plus new features. Unfortunately we do not work for free.
4. Has any FSX/P3D3 sim user got Prepar3D v4 sim for free? No. Why do you expect our products to be free? If you still do, please stop Wink

I don't expect your products to be free. However, I bought the product, and I read long ago that eventually these products would be converted and made available to myself and all the other customers of the P3Dv3 versions. You may claim CS never said upgrades would be given to customers of the products while the 737 was in development/beta testing, but I think these responses other than mine say otherwise. A mistake or not, people were under that impression for a reason, and being asked to pay full price for a product they already purchased seems silly, and will likely lead to increased pirating out of frustration(which I do NOT support/encourage as I want developers to stay in business).

Read the other replies, these are your customers. There should be a discount of some kind for owners of the P3Dv3 version, much like many other companies have been doing when converting products to v4. Having some level of customer service/loyalty does matter. I've been buying products from you since your earliest FS9 days and never once complained until now and actually usually defend CS on the social media, that should tell you something.

IP Logged

Steve S

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
yeah nice suprize if u got another 70 bucks to fork out for it, i payed out 70 for v3 would really love to have for v4 but im sorry cant afford another 70 bucks  to have in v4, there should be discounted prices for previous owners.guess i will just do without it having to pay full price  just for a plane you have already bought is redickulaseand just shows how much greed is in the world

IP Logged

jscarano

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2019 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
I agree with the others. I would hope there would be some kind of discount for us that bought the p3dv3 versions. Please consider doing this please. Thanks

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  

1. We never said that.

An upgrade price would be more then fair. I'm not asking for a free update, and most of the people complaining on other forums do not ask for a free update. You jumped from the "young and stupid" to some sort of greediness attitude. It's your choice and I respect it, not buying it.

Cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top