Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 SDK, LVAR, custom key mapping etc (Read 16496 times)
zulukilo

SDK, LVAR, custom key mapping etc
Mar 28th, 2018 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has access to the LVAR data for the 757 Captain III? I would like to use it with LINDA and the VRInsight MCP and create a relevant file for it.

I have used SPAD.neXt to get some LVAR data, but would really appreciate a full list so I can make relevant assignments as easy as possible.

Would Captain Sim be able to help me out with this too? Many thanks for such a fantastic product!

Best regards,

Pete

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: 757 Captain III LVAR Assignments
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Thank you.
We'll release the 757 SDK after the 1.1 is out.

IP Logged

zulukilo

Re: 757 Captain III LVAR Assignments
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Hi there,

Many thanks! I have managed to track the LVAR data and work with it. I will also wait for the SDK from 1.1.

Best regards,

Pete  Smiley

IP Logged

zulukilo

Captain Sim 757 III LVar/Offset help with MCP
Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Hi all,

I have been able to hunt for all LVars and have successfully been able to program all buttons on the MCP. However, I am having real trouble with assigning LVar data to dials. Could someone please help?

I am attempting to make a module and release it (with the permission of Captain Sim) for VR Insight users to add that extra dimension when flying.

I have managed to assign buttons with LVar data, but dials (SPD/IAS, HDG, V/S and ALT) don't seem to work. (Captain Sim Developers) Have you used offsets instead and is there any way you could tell me what they are? Possibly send a quick message over to me? (I have two weeks off from work so have some time to write some code).

Many thanks for any help. It's greatly appreciated as I'm 100% into this aircraft! It's amazing!! A big thank you! Smiley

Pete Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: SDK, LVAR etc
Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks again.
SDK will explain all of that.
After the 1.1.

IP Logged

zulukilo

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
That's great! Many thanks for your help. Do you need anyone to beta test the SDK and 1.1? I'm sure you get asked that a lot, but i can invest quite a bit of time into creating a control module for VRi.

Many thanks for all of your hard work Smiley

Pete

IP Logged

zulukilo

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2018 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Hi Thantheleon,

Please could you put me out of my misery hehe...

Are the IAS, HDG, V/S and ALT commands run through FSX/P3D commands or Lvars?

When dialling, I am able to find Lvars. Lvars also exist in the panel.cfg. However, the only way to get any of the dials moving is through direct FSX/P3D assignments. The assignment of Lvars just doesn't seem to do anything (I can get dial animations, but that's it...)

Please, please, please help  Smiley

Thank you,

Pete

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

The 1.1 manual and SDK
Reply #7 - May 28th, 2018 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Captains,
The 757 manual is updated.
Now it includes SDK and the upcoming 1.1 features description.

Available via the 757 Sim Ops as usual: https://captainsim.net/products/y757/sops/

IP Logged

Skipy

Re: The 1.1 manual and SDK
Reply #8 - May 28th, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Thanks for this long awaited SDK manual. I can now finish my LUA script to be able to "click" on buttons Smiley.

Just a question. In the SDK it is written that we can find the object lists on related "maps" = JPG files. Where are they?

Regards, Skip.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #9 - May 29th, 2018 at 5:09am
Print Post  
Added JPG files to the Manuals folder, please redownload it. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

IP Logged

Skipy

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2018 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 5:09am:
Added JPG files to the Manuals folder, please redownload it. We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

Ok got them thank you. I was able to complete my VRi MCP Lua script (I didn't know how to simulate clicks...). I suppose that CS737 for P3D4 won't have the same SDK? Because I didn't find how to manage HDG bug via Lvars...

Skip.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2018 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Skipy wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 9:15pm:
I suppose that CS737 for P3D4 won't have the same SDK? Because I didn't find how to manage HDG bug via Lvars...

Same concept but different IDs obviously.
For the 737 try the numbers from the 737 manual. They should match the code.

IP Logged

Skipy

Reply #12 - May 30th, 2018 at 5:58am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 11:33pm:
Skipy wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 9:15pm:
I suppose that CS737 for P3D4 won't have the same SDK? Because I didn't find how to manage HDG bug via Lvars...

Same concept but different IDs obviously.
For the 737 try the numbers from the 737 manual. They should match the code.

Well I tried this command to rotate HDG without any result:
     ipc.writeLvar ("L:klid", 2207005)

BTW I can use specific "_C" ending lvars to simulate click on buttons but on HDG bug I have to "unclick" not to have the knob turning without stopping.
     ipc.writeLvar ("L07_005_KNOB_C", 1)
     ipc.sleep(2)
     ipc.writeLvar ("L07_005_KNOB_C", 0)

And this method is not working well of course... Any CS737 programmer to contact?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #13 - May 30th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Skipy wrote on May 30th, 2018 at 5:58am:
And this method is not working well of course... Any CS737 programmer to contact?

The 737 just needs a SDK. On the list.

IP Logged

Walker605

Reply #14 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Hey Everyone! I am posting my to this topic at the request of the support team. See below:

"I programmed the MCP Autopilot buttons to work with saitek multi panel through the SPAD.next application using the newly released SDK. The button on the autopilot do not funtion properly when programed this way. I tried to use LUA scripts as well and the same issue. The buttons work as intended when using the mouse. The buttons on the 757 MCP get stuck in the pressed position when toggled by the saitek panel. I have set them up per the instructions of the manual provided with the sdk. I tried a set parameter to 1, toggle parameter to 1 and 0 as well. None of these activate the button like a mouse click would.
It happens anytime while using a saitek multi panel to control Autopilot functions.
When using a mouse to select V/S button it presses in momentarily and then release with the button being highlighted. WHen the saitek panel VS button is pushed the V/S button in sim sticks in the pressed in position. If I toggle it again via the Siatek panel it releases, but does not activate. I have read the momentary switch/button section of the manual as well. Do I need to make a video or set of pictures for you?"

Regards

Mike 'Walker605' Allen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top