Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Unable to handle on final Approach (Read 1266 times)
Alabamaboy

Unable to handle on final Approach
Jun 7th, 2019 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
When im approaching the runway the plane began rocking keeping it off the ILS GS. Also I have not been able to do a Autoland. It will not flare causing hard landings and A/T and A/P wont turn off. Everything is set right.

IP Logged

Crabby

Re: Unable to handle on final Approach
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2019 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
I was on approach into KMIA yesterday with storms around the airport and expected to see some control issues.  However, in very flyable weather, the roll motion on final was darn near uncontrollable without large and sustained control inputs which in turn induced an opposite roll.  I switched to APP mode on A/P and saw that even the autopilot was having issues with 30+ degree roll moments below 3000 agl while locked on the localizer.   

I use active sky for weather and it is set to realistic settings, however, no other aircraft shows this type of wild behavior.  I am also sure that the REAL aircraft does not do this when whithin operating limits, because if it did, they could never fly unless sunny outside.

Mark AAL3 VP-HR

IP Logged

silverheels

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 9:56am
Print Post  
There does appear to be something going on here. I am a new owner and only have made a few flights but I have seen a roll motion right at touchdown, which makes for some excitement ! I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with a crosswind effect. I will report back.
Rick

IP Logged

ToddL

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
I agree.  I have owned this plane since first released and if I recall correctly they did make some adjustment to the flight model at some point to lessen the oscillations but for me it was not enough and I too have to wrestle the plane to the ground when landing.  Perhaps it has something to do with our respective joystick settings or I suspect there would be many other complaints.  I really enjoy this aircraft but must admit that making a smooth approach is is always a struggle for me.

Regards,&&&&Todd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top