Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Engine rollback in Cruise (Read 355 times)
Sabretooth78

Engine rollback in Cruise
May 21st, 2019 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
On my last flight, I experienced an A/T rollback at the last cruise waypoint.  This was easily manually overridden but I'm curious if this is a bug or if there is something I should have done to prevent it from happening.

Flight plan:

NFFN/02 N0443F370 ECHO NA G223 NU G593 LIKU STAR08 NCRG/08

Details:

The last cruise waypoint is ORAGI, 268 nm before LIKU.  The FMC computed TOD was about 90 nm before LIKU.

My ECON cruise speed (CI 30) was M.783, which the aircraft happily maintained until reaching ORAGI.  After passing ORAGI and while remaining in VNAV PTH at cruise altitude, the throttles suddenly cut back to meet a new speed target of 240 nm.  This appears to be because the the speed/altitude displayed in the LEGS page for the next waypoint (LUKI) was 240/9190.  After passing the TOD, VNAV resumed using the correct ECON speed (which was .76/265).

I think I know "why" it happened, so did I miss a step somewhere which would have prevented it?  Shouldn't the aircraft know to maintain ECON CRZ/DES speed up until the 240/10000 speed restriction?  (Does the 757 not have "DECEL" pseudo-waypoints?)  Any input would be appreciated, especially if I'm doing something wrong!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top