Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Questions and Suggestions (Read 563 times)
Flyboy0284
Beta Team

Questions and Suggestions
Apr 17th, 2019 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Are there plans to implement a real time fuel and payload management into the CDU like the 757 has?

Is TrueGlass planned as well?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Questions and Suggestions
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
The 777 CAPTAIN II is a port over from 32-bit version except the features marked New!
We’ll fix compatibility issues of the 64-bit version but no further development expected in 2019.
We'd add some more easy to do features as we go but nothing major.

IP Logged

Yakkifly

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I do not mean to insult or annoy anybody, but please do allow me some fair questions!

I do not completely understand the reason for opening a suggestions forum category if you, the development team of Captain Sim, decides to shoot most suggestions ouf of the water immeadiately! I know that implementing separate CDU’s and implementing Menu options on the third CDU certainly isn’t easy, however that is no reason for a development team to simply shoot said suggestion out of the water without a second thought.

Also, it is indicated that the new 777 Version is a conversion from 32-bit to 64-bit with a very limited jumber of new features implemented to it. Why are we then charged 60$ for said conversion, considering further more that this gives us only the 200ER and LR versions respectively, and us having to pay even more for the 300/ER and Freighter versions? I mean this “upgrade” will cost us customers more than having bought the original 777 for FSX and P3Dv3 to begin with, and seeing as it is a simple port over, which correct me if I am wrong, but necessitates considerably less developmental work than creating the aircraft from scratch as was the case for the original 777 version back in 2012, I don’t get why we have to pay more for this upgrade than said original version?

Also, I find it quite a pity that you do not plan to continue developmental work on it for 2019 with regards to new features, seeing as it is the only 200ER in the market right now, and you would certainly make your customers even more happy than they are right now! (I might come across like an entitled prick, but I am of the opinion that for this price, we have deserved a bit more bang for our bucks, but hey, thats just me talking Wink )

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your comments.

Yakkifly wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 1:30pm:
I do not completely understand the reason for opening a suggestions forum category

1. As I said, we'd add some easy to do features as we go.
2. We'll continue working on the 777 but not this year.

Quote:
I mean this “upgrade” will cost us customers more than having bought the original 777 for FSX and P3Dv3 to begin with, and seeing as it is a simple port over

1. The 777 II has 11 (eleven) new features and none of them is simple: https://captainsim.net/products/y777/y772/
2. Even a "simple port over" from 32 to 64bit is not as simple as it sounds.
3. You have paid full price for FSX and P3D4 simulators, right? Why CS ppl should work for free? 

IP Logged

Anthonygeino96

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2019 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
why not working on 777 this year Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top