Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Any Upgrade option for current 777 32-bit users? (Read 2537 times)
Swapnil

Any Upgrade option for current 777 32-bit users?
Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I had back in 2015-16 purchased the Captain Sim 777-200 and 777-300 expansion pack for P3Dv3 from Simmarket and was a proud user of it until P3Dv4 forced me to abandon her. However with the news coming just a few hours ago about the 777-200 Beta being released, I was curious as to whether it will be available free of cost for current 777-200 owners? If not will there be a discounted upgrade or something of that sort, because I don't wanna spend another 60 bucks just to buy the same addon simply for a different simulator.

Thanks,

Regards,

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Any Upgrade option for current 777 32-bit users?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your continued support!
Unfortunately there's no upgrade from the 32-bit (FSX/P3D3) to 64-bit (P3D4)
version. The 64-bit (P3D4) version is available at full price at: https://www.captainsim.com/store/

IP Logged

Swapnil

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Isn't that unfair considering many old users now have to repurchase all the variants at steeper prices than before and have to fork out much more than current newer users who will buy it without having to ponder over the fact that they bought the old version as well. Atleast please consider our plight as well.

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

IP Logged

Adamski_NZ

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I must say I'm hugely disappointed by the lack of an upgrade discount for existing 32-bit users. It is, after all, an UPGRADE and not a totally new product.

I've been a CS customer for over 10 years (I bought the original C-130) and really think I will shop elsewhere. This equates to $90 NZ which is simply too much. Not exactly a reward for loyal/long-standing customers, is it?

Of course I understand that developing products like this doesn't come cheap, but CS need to consider whether they're going to get caught in the downward spiral of "diminishing returns".

Not impressed.  Sad

www.nzfsim.org | MSFS 2020 | XP11.50 | Intel i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz | 24GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10x64 Ultimate
IP Logged

jalbino59

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Just generally speaking, I can't comprehend how people object so much about pricing.  There is an offer on the table, if you don't like it step away and keep it moving.  CS is absolutely entitled to charge whatever they want for their work, and you are entitled to either buy it or move along.  They were absolutely open with their plans to charge for the upgrade many months before they released it, how can anyone be surprised about it?

At the end of the day it is THEIR work.  If you want to design a project and give it away for free, let us all know.  If not, keep it moving.

IP Logged

parsec71

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
jalbino59 wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:55pm:
Just generally speaking, I can't comprehend how people object so much about pricing.

It is a customer's right to complain, it's as easy as that. I can't comprehend why people fail to see or understand that.

How much work is the 32- to 64-bit conversion? I think it's safe to say that it's not enough to charge a customer twice for what is basically the same product.

I have vast experience with professional software from the prepress and the music industry, and all major developers have upgrades and crossgrades to keep customers happy.

IP Logged

Nick Cooper

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2019 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Hello,

this is the world of flight simulation, not the prepress and the music industry and it is not hard to think of two other aircraft developers who either charge the same or even more for a P3D v4 version of their product.

I see 58 gauges in the panel folder, so I would say that the amount of work involved to make them all 64 bit was considerable.

In the light of that, this is reasonably priced, especially for me, as I was lucky enough to pay ony 9.99 for the original version.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top