Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Things that I noticed (Read 993 times)
kityatyi

Things that I noticed
Feb 20th, 2019 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Purchased the 757 base pack earlier today, currently doing my second flight.

What I immediately noticed - and please correct me if I am wrong - are these:

- Entering a Step Climb value to a given waypoint won't display S/C next to the waypoint on the ND. Format XXXS for example 340S. The FMC correctly updates and shows the Step Climb as it should but a green "S/C" text should also be displayed on the ND just to the right of the relevant waypoint. At the moment, the display does not show if a step climb is coming, no green S/C is displayed next to the waypoint. If I turn on the EFIS RTE DATA display, it certainly displays the FL at the given waypoint but it is not the same, not what I am talking about. Pee Emm Dee Gees's 747 and 777 show a green S/C if a step climb is entered at a waypoint. Can someone confirm if this should also be the case with the 757 please?

- FMC "FIX" menu. If I add more than one fix (which means more than one "page" in the FIX menu, the second page cannot be accessed if I delete the waypoint stored in the first page. Pressing the Next Page button doesn't do anything. One can only access the second page if the first one contains data. This isn't correct. Pressing the Next Page button should take me to the next page even if there is no data entered on the first page.

IP Logged

Colvale

Re: Things that I noticed
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Once again, comparing two different developers. A la Ferrari v Ford= chalk v cheese. 'bought a Ford T-Model but it's nothing like my super duper Ferrari. Get with it, Mr Ford, and produce like for like!'.

IP Logged

kityatyi

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
What are you talking about? I highlighted two issues, two false behaviours, it's not a comparison, the other examples are used as reference only.

The text "S/C" should be displayed in green next to the waypoint where step climb is taking place and it is not the case in this simulation.

The "FIX" menu of the FMC is bugged, one cannot reach it's second (third, etc) page if the first page is not populated.

Don't hijack the topic by calling it a comparison. This is an observation and possibly a bug discovery.

IP Logged

Colvale

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Yeah, amazingly you are always discovering 'bugs' as in an another Forum elsewhere.

Comparing what you see in your favourite Pee Emm Dee Gees to what this particular developer chooses to model in their aircraft is akin to comparing chalk to cheese.

Nevertheless, good luck to you if CS are swayed by your 'bug' find!

IP Logged

kityatyi

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 12:01am
Print Post  
So basically I should be satisfied with something that isn't working as it should, right? I should shut up and be happy that I was given the chance to spend my money. Meanwhile the inflight entertainment system works as a charm, asking about things a "pilot" may need during a flight such as proper implementation of step climb display on the ND and mentioning a bug in the FMC FIX page is seemingly a bad thing. Strange.

IP Logged

Colvale

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 8:40am
Print Post  
You bought this developer's add-on off your own free will. Nobody held a gun to your head. It was well-publicised that this add-on would in now way be up there with your ' Pee-Emm-Dee-Gee' that you are so fond of trumpeting, and it was sold as such.

It had limitations. If the developer decides, yes there are certain aspects 'we need to look into to improve', I am sure they will or will not. That is their prerogative. You can belly-ache as much as you want to. The final decision is the developer's, not your behest!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top