Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CargoJet Flight Plans (and Excel Flight Planner) (Read 1304 times)
rmeier

CargoJet Flight Plans (and Excel Flight Planner)
Feb 16th, 2019 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
For anyone interested, today I uploaded a file to Avsim that includes approx 60 *.rt files for current CargoJet routes as well as an Excel Flight Planner to be used with the CS757-III Cargo Expansion.

The flight plans/planner, as well as the liveries, can be found on Avsim; I can't post the links here, just search with my last name (Meier) and the respective categories (P3D repaints for the liveries and P3D Flight Plans for the *.rt plans/excel planner).

These accompanying route files (60+) DO NOT include any SID or STAR data, nor do they include any performance information (cargo/fuel weights)...I've intentionally tried to keep these files customizable with any ATC program you may be using.

The Excel spreadsheet use should be pretty straight forward (it was designed using MS Excel 2019...you'll need MS Excel 2013 or newer for the macros to work correctly).

The spreadsheet will open to a worksheet containing CargoJet's current, scheduled route network. From this worksheet, simply select a departure location from the buttons on the world map.

Once a departure location is selected, a second "Flight Planning" worksheet will open with a UserForm Box directing you to select an airport destination based upon your selected departure location.

The UserForm box is pre-populated only with current destinations from that departure airport (based upon current CargoJet Jan/Feb 2019 schedules obtained from online flight tracking data).

I've included a weather snapshot download from each of the departure and destination airports into the flight planning worksheet.

I have not yet included enroute weather information...that may come in a "V2" of this flight planner.

As I have not yet included enroute weather information, flight fuel calculations/fuel burn are only approximate for now. Down the road, I may also include calculations for derate temperatures...that will take considerable more work.

I think this Flight Planner is a pretty good Version 1 for sharing. In the absence of a website dedicated to a "CargoJet Virtual Airline", I thought this Excel spreadsheet and accompanying flight plans may be of benefit to anyone who might enjoy flying the CS757-III Freighter expansion with CargoJet livery.

I haven't had a chance to test all the flight plans yet...I'm hoping I haven't made any errors!

Anyhow, I hope this spreadsheet and flight plans can be of benefit to others.

Feedback always appreciated!

Rob

CJT1.jpg ( 152 KB | 160 Downloads )
CJT1.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top