Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FMC: How to load ILS approach without STAR? (Read 999 times)
spar76

FMC: How to load ILS approach without STAR?
Feb 11th, 2019 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
If I go to the DEP/ARR page and select an approach without first selecting a STAR, it loads up what appears to be the waypoints for the first available STAR at the airport, and none of the ILS waypoints.  Subsequent attempts to load the ILS approach don't result in getting the approach into the FMC.

As an example, I tried to load the ILS 19C going into KIAD, and the waypoints that loaded were KASDY BARIN STAYO TRING, which are waypoints of the CAVLR3 arrival (the first alphabetically listed arrival for KIAD).

Bob

IP Logged

FraPre

Re: FMC: Can't load ILS approach without STAR
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
You have to choose first the Approach, then the STAR, then the STAR TRANS and at last the Approach TRANS.

For you, that should look something like this:
Approach ILS 19C
STAR CAVLR3
STAR TRANS DOORN or THHMD or TRSSK (with left LSK)
Approach TRANS (usually the different IAF for this approach) with right LSK

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC: How to load ILS approach without STAR?
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 1:34am
Print Post  
You can do an ILS approach without selecting a STAR.
When you go to the DEP/ARR > ARR, select a runway (no RNAV/ILS/VOR, i.e. 05, 12, 23, 30 (from YPAD)), it must be an ILS runway, from the list of runways at the bottom of the page. You can tell if they are ILS runways as you scroll through the list (i.e. ILS23-Y (again from YPAD)), before you get to just the runways. In this case, my selection is runway 23.
After doing that, if you look in the APPROACH REF page, you will see the ILS freq/hdg listed, and you a good to go (make sure there are no discontinuances in your route though).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Colvale

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2019 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 13th, 2019 at 1:34am:
You can do an ILS approach without selecting a STAR.
When you go to the DEP/ARR > ARR, select a runway (no RNAV/ILS/VOR, i.e. 05, 12, 23, 30 (from YPAD)), it must be an ILS runway, from the list of runways at the bottom of the page. You can tell if they are ILS runways as you scroll through the list (i.e. ILS23-Y (again from YPAD)), before you get to just the runways. In this case, my selection is runway 23.
After doing that, if you look in the APPROACH REF page, you will see the ILS freq/hdg listed, and you a good to go (make sure there are no discontinuances in your route though).

Exactly the way I do it, and have never had an issue. Grin

IP Logged

FraPre

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 9:30am
Print Post  
He can fly the ILS Approach without FMC, but that was not the question  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top