Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
ILS & Autoland (Read 2230 times)
Mathieu R

ILS & Autoland
Dec 29th, 2018 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Hello,

I try to understand how to control when the autoland engages or not. I am doing a landing at GCCR (Lanzarote) runway 3. Everything is set for an ILS landing (frequency etc). I catch the localizer when pressing LOC and then the GP when pressing the APP mode.

When I press APP, all three autopilots engage and after a short time the LAND 3 is displayed on the autoland status and the plane is performing a perfect autoland.

I am just wondering how can I make to not engage the autoland and perform a NO AUTOLAND ? Right now, the autoland engages every time.

Thanks
Mathieu

IP Logged

Mathieu R

Re: ILS & Autoland
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
What I understand from the manual, the autoland indication will be displayed everytime it is available. So I guess I just need to disengage autopilot before landing to complete a manual landing when I don't want autoland as if it was not available.

I was wondering if I could "force" the autopilot not to consider autoland before landing but based on the manual I don't think it is possible.

IP Logged

FraPre

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
That's right, the 757/767/744 automatically goes into LAND 3 mode, if the conditions are met with the addition of APR, so the necessary autopilot systems work properly. Since, unlike the 737, you have a separate ILS receiver, the frequency of the ILS can and must be set only once. Since all hydraulic systems also have to work for a car country, you can maximally try to simulate a fault in a hydraulic system or switch off 2 ADIRU. But why, simply, as mentioned, simply finish the Approach manually ..

IP Logged

logan3db

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Expanding on what FraPre has said, a NO AUTOLND status would be displayed due to a system degradation.  If the airplane can perform to an LAND 3 it will.  Just as in the real world you can disconnect the autopilot and land manually.

IP Logged

Swood721
Beta Team

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2019 at 6:42am
Print Post  
There is nothing to be concerned about with regards to the “requirement” to autoland. The systems are set up so that you will always see LAND 3 and FLARE/ROLLOUT armed on the PFD assuming the requirements are met. . There is no requirement to autoland though, the plane is just telling you that it CAN should you desire it. Also of note, if you disengage the autopilot above 1500 feet you won’t have the LAND 3 annunciator.

Sean Wood

IP Logged

Mathieu R

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks a lot for your answers, much appreciated.

I love the plane by the way. Very Nice work CS.

IP Logged

Ryz

Question about autoland
Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 3:34am
Print Post  
I'm not really sure what goes wrong but while following vnav to the runway everything is fine until right before touchdown then a glideslope warning goes off then the plane stops following the glidepath and I have to manually land. I like watching landings from the cabin. I'm doing something wrong but the Fmc was definitely programmed right. Not sure what's wrong. It did it on the old 757 as well. It worked fine until right before touchdown. So my question is, what am I doing wrong?

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top