Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FMC "step" key (Read 1093 times)
aspen31

FMC "step" key
Dec 28th, 2018 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Hi all
New to the forum and the 757. I've been following tutorials to learn about programming the FMC. A step key is mentioned a few times but so far I can't find it. Has it been removed from the latest FMC version?
Thanks
Warren

IP Logged

FraPre

Re: FMC "step" key
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Do you mean related to a route? You have to set the navigation display in PLAN mode (EFIS control panel), then on the LEGS page the STEP mode appears under LSK 6R

IP Logged

aspen31

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks
Yes - related to a route but it looks as if I missed the "plan" part - bit of a learning curve - fine with the route part but having trouble building a workable star / approach plan.
I appreciate the help.
Warren

IP Logged

FraPre

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
What exactly is the problem? Of course, a route has to be properly planned beforehand, so that it makes sense and can be entered without interruption. Real there are indeed flight service consultants who learn this profession.
You enter your departure and destination airport on the RTE Page, then the planned route starting with Rwy + SID + route (air routes or direct) and the approach with runway, STAR and possibly a transition. Then check the route on the LEGS page for interruptions, eliminate them and activate the whole thing. Then, once again, adjust the route point by point with the flight plan. This happens then, as mentioned above in PLAN mode and the step button on the LEGS page

IP Logged

aspen31

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Hi again
Slowly catching on. I've been able to build and fly a good route but don't have the speed yet to modify the FMC should ATC require an approach and landing other than one I have built. Onward and upward I think "they" say.
Thanks
Warren

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top