1. Please make sure you are on version 1.3

2. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

IP Logged

Scholli04

Re: SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2018 at 9:12am
Print Post  
DES NOW not working as intended

The DES NOW function exists to allow an early descent in case ATC clears you to descent before reaching the T/D.

This is what your manual says about it:
"Use the DES NOW prompt on the DES page. VNAV starts an early descent and captures the idle descent path."
While not mentioned in your manual I just add here that it should descent at 1000fpm until capturing the path.

The CaptainSim 757 will not start to descent with the MCP altitude set lower than cruise level and pressing DES NOW. Instead it only reduces speed to the DES speed, but it maintains altitude until the T/D where it starts a normal descend as if DES NOW would not have been used.
This is a bug, it needs to start descent immediately at 1000fpm when DES NOW is pressed and the MCP altitude is lower than the current altitude.

(Reference your manual part II, page 348)

Steps to recreate: Fly a normal cruise. A few miles (within 50NM) of the T/D set the MCP altitude to a lower level and press DES NOW on the VNAV DES page.
What should happen: The airplane should start an immediate descent at 1000fpm until intercepting the VNAV path.
What does happen (bug): The airplane slows to VNAV DES speed, but maintains the cruise level until reaching the T/D.

AIIR#6

Edit: From which point in time do you need the AIIR#6?
Before activation of the DES NOW, after activation before the start of the descent or after the start of the descent behind the T/D?
Please clarify and I'll get you the files as soon as possible.
BEFORE please.

IP Logged

arkob145

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
The Aircraft does not fly holds after TOD. I tested it out during multiple flights, enroute holds  are okay, the hold pattern looks a bit like a pancake rather than a smooth pattern. But any holds during descent, the aircraft flies straight over the fix, and onto the next waypoint in the route.

The hold was progammed as per your manual (pg488 onwards), and activated. It showed up in magenta on the nav display (pg252), indicating it was active.

Above you can see that the Legs page, and NAV display show the hold.

Here the aircraft has flown straight over the hold and onto the next legs.

Another problem, is with VNAV on descent. As long the descent continues without any break, it works okay. But if you set a altitude limit when descending, instead of VNAV alt coming on the FMA and the aircraft leveling off, the VNAV goes off, and the plane dives. It has to be manually stopped, or the Alt Hold mode engaged immediately.

IP Logged

trevors

Version 1.30 for FSX (32bit)
Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Just did a quick test flight and sadly I have to report that the yellow band on the speedtape during take-off is still incorrect.
Anyone else see this?

AIIR#4

Trevor

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
I cannot quote from the FCOM but ANY 757 driver will tell you that the yellow band speed does NOT exceed the V2+10 speed on initial climb-out. You guys had it right in the beginning - reference to a video - check out the ASI at about 41 minutes into the video and you will NOT see any yellow band during the initial climb
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESJDMe8dJek).
I would really like some input here from a real 757 driver because CS still hasn't got it right.
Don't take this the wrong way - I am NOT being negative - I simply want it corrected - not much to ask for.

Trevor

Thanks, we got your personal opinion, but it's not enough. AIIR#4

Trevor

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 10:43am
Print Post  
This is from professional pilots on PPRUNE.

AIIR#4. Please provide a reference to the Manual page #.
CS Manual is based on the original Boeing's FCOM. For obvious reasons we cannot do all operators optional equipment variants.
It's not a bug if it's not in the Manual.

In some cases we can consider a reference to an operator's official Manual or CBT.
But any info from a third party software or from personal experience IS NOT a reference material

Also the Manual reference page # and/or additional Boeings' data are ABSOLUTELY required for all flight/performance related comments.
Software coding is all about math. No numbers = no coding PERIOD

Secondly, go fly another 747 and 777 and you will see how it is supposed to be.
Just did a quick take -off  in the 777 with a weight of 635 000lb.

V speeds were 149/155/163 with flaps 15.
After flap retraction to flap 5, the yellow/amber limit was down at 128KIAS !!!!!

AIIR#4. any info from a third party software or from personal experience IS NOT a reference material

Trevor

Prune.png ( 292 KB | 41 Downloads )
Prune.png

Trevor

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
I have to second Trevors finding. He is absolutely right.
I only fly 737NG's and not 757s, but NG demonstrate the logic perfectly for you to see.
As you surely won't accept that as a reference please once again refer to my FCOM extract that I posted here on the old discussion that you seem to have deleted (thank you...) or ask your 757 pilots who will surely immediately tell you how it works on the real airplane.

AIIR#4. Please provide a reference to the Manual page #.
CS Manual is based on the original Boeing's FCOM. For obvious reasons we cannot do all operators optional equipment variants.
It's not a bug if it's not in the Manual.

In some cases we can consider a reference to an operator's official Manual or CBT.
But any info from a third party software or from personal experience IS NOT a reference material. 

Also the Manual reference page # and/or additional Boeings' data are ABSOLUTELY required for all flight/performance related comments.
Software coding is all about math. No numbers = no coding PERIOD

IP Logged

Dreamflight767

Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Hi:

I'm running P3Dv4.4 w/ CS version 1.3.  I did an update, not full install.

Flight KSFO-PHLI.  Just after passing TOD my FPS dropped to 5 and I had a CTD.

We need more info on the CTD pls: https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1530045134

I was able to recover the flight from FSUPIC autosave. 
Sorry, but any further observations from a flight recovered after CTD are useless.

When I loaded the airplane, PAX Oxygen came on (not sure why) and I couldn't turn it off.

Using VNAV, airplane went into a 7,500' per min. at 351KTS - basically a nose down dive.  The FMS VNAV page calculated a 271KTS speed for descent which should have been around 2,000' per minute.

I left it alone to see what it was going to do.  I landed up at 3,000' 200KTS 50NM before the crossing restriction fix.

I will say that I did change approach about 400NM from the airport.  I also had the FORECAST page filled out.

IP Logged

arkob145

Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Hello,

As requested in the earlier post, here are the 3 files from the saved flight. I dont know if you will be able to see the FMC state, but a hold was programmed in and the flight was in descent. As expected, it flew right over the fix, and onto the next waypoint.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thank you, we'll try Smiley

cs757hold.zip ( 131 KB | 9 Downloads )

IP Logged

NWA1999

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Hello,

I'm on P3D4.4 and CS1.3 my engines randomly shutdown I can't seem to tie it to anything. Also when the center fuel pumps empty I get no notification (since release)

Robbie

IP Logged

g5flyer

Reply #10 - Dec 28th, 2018 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Greetings,
I just noticed something while beating up the pattern. The flap maneuver speed "F" is showing the same speed as the minimum maneuver speed "top of the yellow bar" along the speed tape. Just wanted to point it out . I have attached a pdf that shows the illustration of the topic at hand.

Just re-cheked, all the bars show exactly what they supposed to show. The proof attached. Are we missing something?

Image_001.png ( 332 KB | 17 Downloads )
Image_001.png

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

FraPre

Missing FMS functions and ads
Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:39am
Print Post  
In the manual Part 2 are described in the chapter FMS inputs and displays that unfortunately do not work or are possible. So the question would be whether it is a mistake, or despite description still not implemented, or what they are for. In addition to the topic already mentioned in another post "DES NOW" I have found the following points (some of them will not be noticed until bit by bit)

TAKEOFF REF Page - "REQUEST SEND" (page 395/396) for what?

ACT ECON CRZ "EPR Display" Lsk 3L is missing (page 436)

POS REF Page RNP / ANP (page 329/330; 369/370) - manual input RNP not possible

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #13 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #14 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Don't know if this one has been mentioned already.
The fast/slow square on the airspeed indicator (original ADI) works opposite to what it should.
I have included a pic to show what I mean.
The square should be above the diamond (F) but it is below (S).
Speed set at 250.

Manual Part II
pp 230 and 231

If the plane moves faster than the CMD speed, the square moves UP towards F - Faster.
If the plane moves slower than the CMD speed, the square moves DOWN towards S - Slower.

757_3.png ( 338 KB | 32 Downloads )
757_3.png

Trevor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top