Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS (Read 1383 times)
ToddL

Re: SYSTEMS & DYNAMICS
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Mine is the same Trevor.  It's operating backwards.

Todd.

Regards,&&&&Todd

IP Logged

arkob145

Re: MISC
Reply #16 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 6:03am
Print Post  
1.Setting the TCAS to TA/RA does not activate the transponders in the VATSIM and IVAO pilot client.
Not a bug https://www.captainsim.org/forum/csf.pl?num=1518050876

2.Pressing the CLR key on the FMC to clear FMC messages (pg 495 of Vol 2) also deletes one character from any text that was in the Scratchpad earlier.

For example, if I had a waypoint NANDO in the scratchpad, and a FMC message such as MORE DRAG REQUIRED comes on; if I press CLR to remove the message, I only have NAND left on the scratchpad.

IP Logged

Gabri

EPR reducing on takeoff roll
Reply #17 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
hi, i thought that with the update this problem was solved, instead for me is not
i was taking off flex 45 gave me an EPR of 1.41
i set the to thrust by pressing epr button, it went to 1.41 but at rotation it was 1.37, even if the FMA was in THR HOLD after 82kt
idk...

AIIR#4

IP Logged

trevors

Reply #18 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
g5flyer wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
Greetings,
I just noticed something while beating up the pattern. The flap maneuver speed "F" is showing the same speed as the minimum maneuver speed "top of the yellow bar" along the speed tape. Just wanted to point it out . I have attached a pdf that shows the illustration of the topic at hand.

Just re-cheked, all the bars show exactly what they supposed to show. The proof attached. Are we missing something?

Something does not look right here. I am not a pilot, but I would imagine than if the F speed is 160, then the minimum flap maneuvering speed must be obviously less than 160. I'm guessing around 133 using a 1.2 buffer margin.
G5flyer is the pilot - lets hope he can provide the needed info.

BTW, those numbers for minimum flap man speed look suspect - I think they are meant to be the flap man (F) speeds

Trevor

IP Logged

violinvelocity

Reply #19 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
arkob145 wrote on Dec 25th, 2018 at 1:37pm:
The Aircraft does not fly holds after TOD. I tested it out during multiple flights, enroute holds  are okay, the hold pattern looks a bit like a pancake rather than a smooth pattern. But any holds during descent, the aircraft flies straight over the fix, and onto the next waypoint in the route.

The hold was progammed as per your manual (pg488 onwards), and activated. It showed up in magenta on the nav display (pg252), indicating it was active.

https://i.imgur.com/kisu10I.jpg

Above you can see that the Legs page, and NAV display show the hold.

https://i.imgur.com/03RhjBw.jpg

Here the aircraft has flown straight over the hold and onto the next legs.

Another problem, is with VNAV on descent. As long the descent continues without any break, it works okay. But if you set a altitude limit when descending, instead of VNAV alt coming on the FMA and the aircraft leveling off, the VNAV goes off, and the plane dives. It has to be manually stopped, or the Alt Hold mode engaged immediately.

I can second this with DES NOW... It is used almost every flight to "soften" the descent, to later intercept what is generally the "idle vnav path"- the descent gradient flown by the aircraft at idle power at the current speed/weight.

Currently the CS 1.3 version holds altitude until the T/D and then initiates a power on descent (although close to idle). This is not the behavior of the real aircraft.

IP Logged

g5flyer

Reply #20 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:41am
Print Post  
g5flyer wrote on Dec 28th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
Greetings,
I just noticed something while beating up the pattern. The flap maneuver speed "F" is showing the same speed as the minimum maneuver speed "top of the yellow bar" along the speed tape. Just wanted to point it out . I have attached a pdf that shows the illustration of the topic at hand.

Just re-cheked, all the bars show exactly what they supposed to show. The proof attached. Are we missing something?

So going back to your response to the maneuver speeds. One thought, you should never be flying a flap maneuver speed and be inside of the amber range. The top of that amber range is a 1.3g shaker/buffet onset speed. Shaker below 20,000ft and buffet above 20,000ft. 1.3g just means it's a speed at 40 degrees of bank which requires 1.3g of force from the yoke to maintain altitude. This speed gives you stall protection in up to 40 degrees in case you need it. Lets look at your example of 220,000 pounds.

The stall speed for 220K below 8,000ft at flaps 15 is 119KTS. This is a 1.0g speed, meaning wings level no yoke force applied. We need to figure out what the stall speed is in this situation at 40 degrees of bank because it obviously increases with bank as you adjust the lift vector away from directly opposing gravity and a wing is slower than the other in a sense. At 40 degrees of bank, you are looking at about 15 to 17 percent increase of stall speed from 1.0. 119 X 1.17 is 139KTS. Shaker and onset starts about 7 to 9 knots above stall. You are looking at a minimum maneuver speed of of 146 to 148 knots for your top of the amber range.  Your F would be 160 and your top amber is 148 at the most.

So again, you should not be in that amber band. The only time you should be close is during configuration changes on clean up. As you move the flap handle from 15 to 5, the system sees your handle position at 5 and the amber adjusts to flaps 5 minimum maneuver speed which puts you close as you are accelerating. Flight manuals tell you that if at anytime you are below minimum maneuver for existing configuration, limit your bank to 15 degrees because you don't have that 40 degree bank protection as you suck the flaps up until you reach the new speed. This was standard during takeoffs when I flew DC10s. If I needed to turn during takeoff, I would accel to flap retract speed, maintain my takeoff flaps and make the turn at flap retract speed. Once able to shallow back to 15 degrees bank, I called for flaps up for accel. I attached a PDF to help you see what I did. 

Thanks, we'll check.     

757.pdf ( 197 KB | 15 Downloads )

IP Logged

Dome748

Reply #21 - Today at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Greetings,
I'm using P3Dv4 and I have installed the CS757 yesterday. The problem is, that I can't execute the changes in the options page (FMC). The light in the execute button is shining but after pressing it, nothing happens and the changes are not saved. I have also re-installed the plane and restarted the computer but the problem is still there.
Thank you for help. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top