Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Dead artificial horizons after adding CIVA INS (Read 1157 times)
FtHays2000

Dead artificial horizons after adding CIVA INS
Dec 23rd, 2018 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I purchased the CS737 yesterday (base pack and 200-adv) and have run into a strange problem.

I installed the software and it all worked fine.

Then this morning I decided to try and install the CIVA INS. As part of that process, I added a few things to the aircraft.cfg file. The INS installed fine, but then I noticed all three artificial horizons were dead (90 degree left bank angle). All other animations, sounds, instruments, etc. worked just fine (doesn't matter which 737 I select, all have the same problem).

I then tried to run the install file again for the 200 and 200-adv, and apply the "repair" option. Launched FSX, tried several CS737 models, but they all had the same problem with the artificial horizons.

Next, I uninstalled the -200 and 200-adv, and restarted the computer. Then I reinstalled both, but I still have the problem with the artificial horizons.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried everything I know to try.

IP Logged

Ryz

Re: Dead artificial horizons after adding CIVA INS
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 6:54am
Print Post  
I remember reading that the CIVA INS doesn't work on the current 737 version. I'm not sure the extent of the incompatibility.

As for the reinstalltions. Most uninstallations dont remove altered files. Not sure about CS aircraft. Next reinstall make sure that the 737 folder in the simobjects/airplanes folder is gone. If it isnt the delete it and install again and test.

Ryan Manissero

IP Logged

centurion88

Re: Dead artificial horizons after adding CIVA INS
Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2020 at 4:36am
Print Post  
I installed the CIVA INS after seeing your post, meeting the same problem. But if you set C&D state and then turn on the external power, the artificial horizons will recover, and reinstallation is unnecessary.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top