Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How to use FSX flight planner - CO-Routes (Read 3471 times)
FrankD1

How to use FSX flight planner - CO-Routes
Nov 10th, 2018 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone, sorry but I am missing something here, I don't understand, reading different topics, how to use in FMC's "co-route" a route previously saved in FSX.

So I create a route using the standard flight planner from FSX => save it in FSX, then when I am using the FMC I can write in the FMC's pad the name I have been saving this route such as: EGLLCUYL01 => hit the CO-ROUTE button and...….can't find it!!!

Do I have to move the .PLN file inside the CS757III "routes" folder in order for the FMC to load this file???

Please advise.

I use FSX with the acceleration pack, nothing fancy.

Thank you in advance, Frank  Cool

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: How to use FSX flight planner - CO-Routes
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2018 at 1:17am
Print Post  
When you create the flight plan in the default FSX Flight Planner, make sure you save it in a named format that you want to use, i.e. EGLLCUYL01, then you can later loads it into the CDU on the RTE 1 page 1, by clicking on SEND (LSK3L) > FLTSIM FPLS (LSK6R), then navigate through the saved flight plans until you find the one you are looking for, click on the LSK next to it, and it is loaded into the CDU.

Alternatively, once you have loaded the flight plan using the above method, you can then save it as Co Route (after you have activated it) on the RTE 1 page 1, by clicking on SAVE (LSK4L) > enter the name for the route and click on LSK1L > CLICK on SAVE (LSK6R), and it's saved. Then, to use those saved routes, on RTE 1 page 1, on the RTE 1 page 1 click on SEND (LSK3L) > then navigate through the saved routes until you find the one you want to load, and click on the LSK next to it, and it is loaded into the CDU.

Note. Routes saved with the CDU, are saved in the FSX\Captain_Sim\757-III\routes in the Captain Sim .rt format.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

FrankD1

Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Thank you Mark I will try this today and I am sure it will work.
Still I will follow up with you later.
Many thanks!!  Smiley
Frank

IP Logged

FrankD1

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2018 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
It worked, many thanks!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint