Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
RR Expansion Paint Kit (Read 1332 times)
PC Aviator

RR Expansion Paint Kit
Nov 7th, 2018 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can download the Rolls-Royce expansion paint kit?

I checked and it appears the base package PW (at least the engines) is different from the RR version. I believe this to be the case because I compared the .dds files from the PW version to the RR version.

Thanks in advance.

Flight Sim 1998 - Present
P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: RR Expansion Paint Kit
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
As far as I know, the 757 III paint kit is all-inclusive, so it's for the PW, and RR, and for the upcoming Frieghter too. I'm not sure if it includes the -300 though.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Thank you. My reason for asking is because the texture files for the PW versus the RR version are different in appearance. I attempted to add a logo to the engine cowls for the RR and the .dds textures are not lining up correctly.

I then compared the .dds files for PW engines to those of the RR and noticed differences which I believe is the result of the tailpipe section not looking correct for RR.

I thought the paint kit would be the same as you've stated, but for some bizarre reason I keep thinking I saw a post or announcement that the paint kits for the RR and Freighter version had been released in anticipation of the other models coming out.

If I'm missing something please let me know. Or if you are able to verify the .dds files for the engines look different between the two models.

I'm currently looking at the American Airlines (N205UW) RR 4D folder. The files are: 57_REL_T.dds and RER_T.dds . The most noticeable difference is the tailpipe. I've attached pictures in the hope this might clarify what I am inquiring about or noticing.

"PW cowlings paint" was downloaded via ACE and unaltered.

PW_cowlings_paint.jpg ( 417 KB | 110 Downloads )
PW_cowlings_paint.jpg

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Since I could only post one picture at a time here is the RR I attempted to update.

RR_cowlings_paint.jpg ( 431 KB | 75 Downloads )
RR_cowlings_paint.jpg

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Mark is right, the 757 III paint kit is all-inclusive.
But PW and RR engines mapping is different of course. See the repaint kit .psd files for details.

PC Aviator wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 2:44am:
I'm currently looking at the American Airlines (N205UW) RR 4D folder. The files are: 57_REL_T.dds and RER_T.dds . The most noticeable difference is the tailpipe. I've attached pictures in the hope this might clarify what I am inquiring about or noticing."PW cowlings paint" was downloaded via ACE and unaltered.

It's the repainter's mistake. Delete the 57_REL_T.dds and RER_T.dds and it will be all right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top