Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Automatic Shutdown in Flight with AP (Read 1686 times)
PC Aviator

Automatic Shutdown in Flight with AP
Oct 9th, 2018 at 5:41am
Print Post  
This has now happened on several flights. Normally around 1-2 hours, however, this time it made it until about 4.5 hours. And there was fuel in the tanks (in case anyone is wondering). The latest flight was on final with Autoland engaged (flaps, gear, etc. properly configured) when everything shut down . . . literally.

I've had trouble with ACE ever since upgrading from Hotfix 2 so I'm not sure if this is related (running ver 1.2). I enjoy this aircraft when it works but this can be frustrating especially when on VATSIM and it happens when in contact with ATC.

I attempted a search in the forums for this issue and was not able to find it so if it's already posted elsewhere my apology.

Flight Sim 1998 - Present
P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Automatic Shutdown in Flight with AP
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 12:03am
Print Post  
That seemed to fix my ACE. However, after 1 hour of flight time, the aircraft shut off again: both engines. Lost all electrical and hydraulic power at FL39'0. Was able to restart by FL31'0 but it shouldn't be doing this. Of course this was online with VATSIM.

Was not a problem with the original release but the updates seem to be an issue at least for my installation.

Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

Most importantly, is there a fix? Please?

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
PC Aviator wrote on Oct 12th, 2018 at 12:03am:
That seemed to fix my ACE. However, after 1 hour of flight time, the aircraft shut off again: both engines. Lost all electrical and hydraulic power at FL39'0. Was able to restart by FL31'0 but it shouldn't be doing this. Of course this was online with VATSIM.

Was not a problem with the original release but the updates seem to be an issue at least for my installation.

Is this a known issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

Most importantly, is there a fix? Please?

Do you have any Mixture Axis assigned to your controllers? I had a similar problem because of spikes on my CH Throttle quadrant.

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I do for other aircraft, but I’ll check the calibration in FSUICP and the spike option. Thanks for your response and suggestion. Just seems odd everything worked great on the original release but with subsequent updates I’ve had several problems. I guess I’m expecting too much for the price of the addon. I don’t have these issues with other developers in the same price range.

Anyway, thanks again. I’ll give that a try.

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

PC Aviator

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2018 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Pedro,

Thanks a million! I flew a 3 hour flight today after tuning the controls in FSUIPC without the aircraft shutting down. Hopefully that's the end of it and thanks again for the suggestion.  Wink

P3D v4, FSX, X-Plane 11
Aircraft Painter

IP Logged

Pedro Trindade

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 9:06am
Print Post  
PC Aviator wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 12:36am:
Pedro,

Thanks a million! I flew a 3 hour flight today after tuning the controls in FSUIPC without the aircraft shutting down. Hopefully that's the end of it and thanks again for the suggestion.  Wink

You're welcome Will. Have fun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top