Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How to tune ILS? (Read 1930 times)
blaunarwal

How to tune ILS?
Mar 2nd, 2018 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Hi all
I tried to land at Geneva (LSGG) Runway 05 ILS 110.9. Although I set the selector to manual and set the NAV1 receiver to 110.90 the HSI did not show any information receiving the ILS. I also was close enough, inside the arrow on the sims map (P3D4.2)
I autolanded with ILS 36 before sucessfully in LIML and also in Geneva a day before. Now I don't know, if I turned of the nav radio somehow off or can the source for the hsi be selected to another receiver? I read about an XFR button on the CRJ from another company. Does the 757 also have this button? Does this only affect if the glide slope is followed or also HSI indication, since I can't see a connection to a localizer.
Regards
Dan

OS=WIN10 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro
YouTube  
IP Logged

blaunarwal

Re: Don't receive ILS
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 10:26am
Print Post  
I'm just reading in the manual II, page 307, that the ILS signal can't be tuned in the VOR control panel. So i have to check, if I get a signal when I tune it in the ILS control panel. Unfortunately I'm not in the sim at the moment but at work  Sad
Just wonder, where is the ILS control panel? In the middle console?

OS=WIN10 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro
YouTube  
IP Logged

Swood721
Beta Team

Re: Don't receive ILS
Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Correct. The 757 has a separate panel solely for tuning the ILS and is located on the aisle stand aft of the thrust levers and just above the rudder trim. You can also set the ILS course on this panel as well. Interesting fact: occasionally the ILS course on the approach charts aren’t exactly what’s in the FMS. If you run into this, you need to set the course that is in the FMS (do this by pressing the INIT button on the CDU) or else you will get a message on the CDU that says something along the lines of ILS course not coincident. You’ll also receive that message if you forget to select the correct course when preparing for the approach.

Sean Wood

IP Logged

Whitey

Re: How to tune ILS?
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
If you're used to the 737, it's easy to think the MCP nav frequencies are the ones to use. As the poster above pointed out, they have no ILS function, you use the panel on the pedestal for setting both frequency and course. Once you set things there, everything should work fine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top