Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CS 737 folders in FSX (Read 1993 times)
shoobedoo

CS 737 folders in FSX
Feb 26th, 2018 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
OK, so I have both the 737 and 727 base packs installed in FSX steam version, the installation of both went normally, the aircraft are both present within the sim, and seem to look and operate normally. Here's where things get a little weird... There are no "CS-737" "CS-727" folders or sub-folders (or whatever they would be named) in FSX\SimObjects\airplanes, they simply aren't there, yet they are in the aircraft selection menu within fsx, along with all the installed liveries, and they load and open normally when selected.

The only captain sim folders I can see in FSX are under the main directory, ie.  FSX\Captain_Sim\, and under that folder there are 727 and 737 folders with 5 sub-folders in each, but none of these sub-folders are named like the conventional aircraft subfolders, ie. Model, Panel, Sound, Texture.

Like I said, things seem to work normally within the sim, but this setup makes it impossible to add 3rd party re-paints or perhaps changing engine sounds etc., as the necessary folders don't exist.

I've never seen anything like this, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions i'd sure like to hear from you

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: CS 737 folders in FSX
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 12:15am
Print Post  
The folders have to be there somewhere. I have both the 737, and 727, and all of the expansion models, installed in FSX-SE, and all of the CS_B727 and CS_B737 folders are in the D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\SmObjects\Airplanes (PC), or D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SmObjects\Airplanes (laptop) folders.
Are you sure you are looking in the correct installation folder for FSX-SE?

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

shoobedoo

Re: CS 737 folders in FSX
Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Well, I figured it out, your post made me take a much closer look at my SimObects\airplanes folder tree.

They are indeed there, they were inserted right below a long list of very similar (almost identical) looking folders with the same lettering, ie. CLS_XXX etc., and I just missed them in my haste, and assuming they'd be named Captain Sim or something like that...

Anyway, thanks for getting me to slow down and really scrutinize the SimOjects\airplanes folder tree.. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top