Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Leisure International, Video 767-300ER (Read 1138 times)
Heinrich B.

Leisure International, Video 767-300ER
Feb 13th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,

do you know the DVD Leisure International, Video 767-300ER cockpit flight video from London Gatwick to Orlando, Florida?

This Video is incredible i just watched the take off with the british captain, he is a stereotype british guy, he orders his first officer to move flaps, landing gear, to read checklist items with his british accent, i want continue watching the video.

Let me know if you know this DVD, unfortunately Leisure International Airways was closed in 1998, i think after 20 years the captain is retired now.

I found a link to the Video:

https://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/DVD478/leisure-internati...

i Got the DVD within the other-767 for FS2004 bought as 2nd hand on medimops, for 5-6€.

btw: jesus, i was complaining about the fact, that there is no speed tape on the ADI (of the captain Sim 767-300) , but as the captain in the video of Leisure International, 767-300ER  showed the ADI, there was no speed Tape although, so the 767-3ER ADI is slightly different from ADI`s of other commercial airliners, but as far as i know the 767-400ER get again a flight deck refurbishmend with more modern CRT`s displays and avionics.

One Question: in the Video at ALT 33.000 and take off weight near to MTOW, the 767-300ER in the Video with GE or RR engines had a fuel flow of 2,6 tons / hour ! this is far less, what i get as fuel flow in the Captain Sim 767, normally i take off with the 240.000 lbs (108862 kg) from EDDF - to LEPA, but still i dont have such a low fuel flow (the question is why?) at cruise Alt between FL330 and FL360 i get a fuel flow between 4,0 tons / hour / per engine and 3,5 tons / hour. - where does the difference to the real fuel flow come from???

2nd what i learned from the video:

the so to speak "worst case failure" or emergency situation on ETOPS flight is not what most of you would think, the loss of an engine (the airplane can savely divert to alternate field within the 180 Radius, but the most critical Situation is cabin pressurisation lost, because then the plane must descent to 10.000 feet but then the fuel burn (FUEL FLOW) will rise (and could reach a critical state) if you dont have enough reserves on board.

3rd the Captain said "today" between 1994-1998 more twin engine planes cross the atlantic than multiple (3 or 4) eingine airplanes.

The Bonus of the Video was again the Captain: he landed manually on Orlando Airport 18 L with no ILS (!)

so the question is how the pilots maintain the correct glide slope? (except The visual approach slope indicator (VASI)).

Does he uses the approach chart with the ADF / DME to have the correct ALT during the airplane comes close to the runway?

This was the most incredible Video of a flight i saw in my life, sure its because with the time after being Fan of the Boeing 737, i get more and more - as you can see - a B767 Fan / enthusiast!

any comments welcomed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top