Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Transponder in C mode (Read 2494 times)
IPG1939

Re: Transponder in C mode
Reply #15 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Is this seriously your answer? Just about every Payware plane has this integrated. 15 years ago they had it working.

When you switch your transponder to TA/RA in the plane it should turn on the transponder in Vpilot or IVAP.

Its a pretty simple request. At the your current price point i would think that would be a no brainer.

I have been enjoying this new 757 version but when i see responses like this it really discourages me from doing further business with CaptainSim.

Could you please look into integrating this simple request.
From myself and 500 others.

I am asking nicely for something VERY reasonable.

Thank you

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Indeed, this is a simple FSUIPC offset. Google brings you to the right pages immediately.

It even is the same feature that controls mode C in ANY online network pilot client, be it ivap, vPilot, FSInn, etc.

This has nothing to do with VA's by the way, this is about online flying. Wink
Setting up a VATSIM or IVAO account to try this out takes just a minute and I am sure most of your betatesters already have one anyway to help you  Wink

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Scholli04 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:22am:
this is a simple FSUIPC offset

The 757 does not use FSUIPC.

IP Logged

IPG1939

Reply #18 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Wow.... Thats all i can say.

Captain Sim wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 3:28pm:

IP Logged

Scholli04

Reply #19 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 2nd, 2019 at 3:28pm:

Dear Captainsim,

I do not mind what you use or do not use, all I am asking you is to implement a feature which every other addon in your priceclass includes.
Since you like to compare yourself to other developers so much I believe it is only just to say other got it, FSL does, Majestic does, Leonardo does, Aerosoft does, A2A does, VertX does, RealAir does, even Carenado does.

So please find a way to implement this. It's not very hard and I am sure any skilled developer like you can find their ways to include this.

IP Logged

arkob145

Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Neither you nor your customers need a paid version of FSUIPC to use the feature, if you do model it. It's a very reasonable request, and a simple one at that.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #21 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Scholli04 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2019 at 8:27am:
I do not mind what you use or do not use, all I am asking you is to implement a feature which every other addon in your priceclass includes.

But our product has feaures that other addons don't.
As I said, that's a third party software compatibility thing. But unfortunately we do not use IVAP (nor any other VA client) so we have no idea what we supposed to change in the 757 to make it work a certain way with a third party software.

Give us the exact tech specs and we'll see what we'd do.

IP Logged

Alpolex

Reply #22 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
CaptainSim,

your behaviour is really strange. To be honest, EVERY aircraft in this price category is used for online flying with VATSIM or IVAO. However, even when it is not used for this purpose, that's a basic standard. Like that Fuel Press lights comes up while the Center Tanks are below 500kg, but what do I say? I have mentioned it a thousand times, but nobody is listenig with excuses that I do not use the correct way of documentation...

To remain on the topic, every aircraft, whether it is Pee Ehm Dee Gee (sorry, but you are really deleting other automatically, whats that for a sh**?), Aerosoft or FSLabs, every aircraft is capable of interacting with IVAP (IVAO) or vPilot (VATSIM), which means, selecting the XPDR to TA/RA initalises Squawk Mode C, and re-selecting the STBY mode de-selects it.

Just to make it once more clear for your guys:

(A) While flying Online on the well known network VATSIM (https://www.vatsim.net/) it is necessary to distuingish between Mode C active or not.

While flying on VATSIM, the following client named vPilot (http://vpilot.metacraft.com/) is beeing used by the majority of the users.

Usually, you have to click on "Mode C" and select or de-select this mode. But, as you previously stated, that your product is a state-of-the-art product, we do expect that for example an easy function like the transponder which goes from STBY to XPDR, TA or TA/RA does automatically gives a signal to the online client, which activates or de-activates the Mode C.

Ah, just to remain clear, as it might be a so called "third party software". We are using Lockheed Martin Prepar 3D (https://www.prepar3d.com/)

Best Regards,
Alexander

IP Logged

Alpolex

Reply #23 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Good Morning CS,

any Update?

IP Logged

musiol1

Reply #24 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Alpolex wrote on Feb 27th, 2019 at 11:23am:
Good Morning CS,

any Update?

+1

IP Logged

tbarker1989

Reply #25 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 1:22am
Print Post  
I believe this would be a simconnect value for Mode C of on or off. Mode C should be on in XPNDR, TA, and TA/RA and off in STBY, and ALT OFF.  I noticed that certain lights are not sending out an on or off simconnect value. Could this be added as well?

IP Logged

dimkzr

Reply #26 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 11:08am
Print Post  
+1

genuinely surprised that this feature is still missing.
and even more surprised with the developer's attitude.
it's kinda discourages you from further investing in CapSim's products, knowing that you'll have to fight for each and every feature that should be there by default.

IP Logged

Pascal

Reply #27 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
It´s funny and also quite rude how they ignore us for such a simple but very impotant feature. Also didn´t they use TrueGlass in their last update which is also a THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE?!

IP Logged

musiol1

Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
One more thing to mention. TA/RA knob is not working with IVAO and VPilot software but when you changing sqw numbers in cockip, surprisingli they are changing sqw numbers in both application...... (so YES they are working with 3rd party software).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top