Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
VNAV-Mode during Approach (Read 2576 times)
franke

VNAV-Mode during Approach
Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Hi folks,

i'm new on captainsim addons and also new on a Boeing 757 Smiley.

I have a question regarding the VNAV mode during the approach on a 757. On 737NG it is possible to fly RNAV approaches in VNAV/LNAV mode and set speed with speed intervention manually in MCP, so this button "overrides" the calculated FMC speeds. But how does a full LNAV/VNAV approche work on a 752 without this option? How can i set each flap speed during the approach? Additonally if you fly online and the controller told you to reduce speed during decend but you want to continue on the VNAV Path in VNAV-Mode. Hope you guys can understand my question.

Thanks for help!

regards

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: VNAV-Mode during Approach
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:26am
Print Post  
If you click on the centre of the IAS/MACH Selector knob on the MCP, you can override the VNAV/LNAV speed.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

franke

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:26am:
If you click on the centre of the IAS/MACH Selector knob on the MCP, you can override the VNAV/LNAV speed.

okay understand. But if i click IAS/MACH selector, the VNAV mode disconnects. So it is not possible to fly a VNAV approach because the VNAV mode is disconnected and the 757 uses vertical speed. The Autopilot only holds the LNAV path. I do not really understand how to fly a RNAV approach without speed intervention.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
franke wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:46am:
Markoz wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:26am:

okay understand. But if i click IAS/MACH selector, the VNAV mode disconnects. So it is not possible to fly a VNAV approach because the VNAV mode is disconnected and the 757 uses vertical speed. The Autopilot only holds the LNAV path. I do not really understand how to fly a RNAV approach without speed intervention.

He means click on the center of the actual knob for speed intervention - VNAV stays on and you can decelerate through the flap extension speeds manually.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Darien

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:50am
Print Post  
He is correct. You press the middle of the speed knob and it will activate the speed intervene.

IP Logged

franke

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Found it! Thanks for support Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top