Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
 25 FPS & PC PERFORMANCE (Read 34662 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

FPS & PC PERFORMANCE
Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
UPDATED 06OCT2020

Captains,
The latest version of the 757 provides more flexibility and users' performance settings:

1. All CRT displays definition can be easily adjusted in ACE: High>Medium>Low>Off.

2. Refresh rate of all CRT displays is adjustable via ACE as well.

3. Remove the cabin and the wings from VC (via ACE).

4. Turn OFF volumetric exterior lights FX (Shift+2, click the lamp icon).

5. Minimize use of volumetric flight deck lighting.

That's all you can do on the 757 side. But please google for general info on the sim and PC performance settings. Just one minor setting could change performance significally.

As for the code "optimization" requests, there's nothing to optimize, it's fundamental GDI technology issue. One day we'll remake the 757 GDI displays from scratch using new technology. But it's not gonna happen soon nor for free.

Let's keep all performance tips and tricks in this thread for convenience.

UPDATED 06OCT2020

IP Logged

dean johnston

Re: Performance
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks for this!, I think greatly for performance if you could disable the cabin so your GPU and CPU doesnt have to render/usage on a cabin ,like normal aircraft products such as another company or other from the cockpit which its just the cockpit and no cabin which uses less resources resulting in more performance since its just the cockpit and not cockpit+cabin.

Option 1 seems the best , have a removable cabin option, but the removeable wing thing dont remove,I think if you remove the cabin I think the performance will greatly improve

Thanks greatly

IP Logged

Gjl1995

Re: Performance
Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to the remove cabin And wing option!

Hopefully it Will be smooth sailing And we Will see v1.1 sooner then later!

IP Logged

Whitey

Re: The 1.1 progress
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
I just bought this tonight, and have completed my first few flights.

Request: can you please work on optimising performance, particularly with regards to frame rate stability.

I'm flying only in VR these days, and whilst I can get the necessary 45 FPS with everything turned down (and cabin off), frames regularly drop down into the 20's. From a VR perspective, this makes things stutter.

Your plan to allow FO displays to be turned off is a good start (I fly this way with other). Perhaps you could also offer an option to decrease refresh rate of the displays that are left on (option in other aircraft). I think displays are a common reason for poor performance in P3D.

I also noticed that some of the cockpit texture shimmer more than others - overhead looks good, but MCP shimmers quite a bit (its better with AA cranked all the way up, but then the aircraft performance is unacceptable).

If you can work out any other areas that could lead to better performance or frame rate stability (important), that would be great.

FSL A320 has terrible frame stability on release, but they improved this with the first patch. Other aircraft, such as the Maddog, seem to be pretty good from release. FWIW, I've flown all of the major P3D airliners in VR, with the exception of the TFdi 717.

Overall, your 757 is a fun aircraft to fly in VR. Analogue gauges e.g. speed, with the bug clearly visible, are quite easy to fly with. Cabin is big enough to stand up in (unlike the 737). All the necessary controls are easily accessable in VR mode, and I can program the CDU OK with my HMD on.

Btw, my system is an overclocked 5820K @4.4Ghx, with a 1080Ti. The above performance issues are with pretty much everything turned off - weather, dynamic lighting, autogen etc. So whilst some will have a CPU that's just a little faster, there's no other potential for performance increases at my end.

There's a lot of people who fly VR exclusive (or at least frequently) these days, and that number will steadily increase, so if you can tweak things as above, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

Thanks chaps!

Rob

P.S. If anyone has any performance tips specific to the 757 -apart from turning off the cabin - I love to hear them. Cheers!

(edit: just noticed this was my first post, after being a forum member for 8 years. Took me a while, will try and get the second post in a bit quicker)  Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: The 1.1 progress
Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Whitey wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:36pm:
I also noticed that some of the cockpit texture shimmer more than others - overhead looks good, but MCP shimmers quite a bit (its better with AA cranked all the way up, but then the aircraft performance is unacceptable).

Thanks for input.
Right, the MCP texture is the biggest one (4K) and the VR seems to be more sensitive to a texture file size than a regular setup.

The textures will be optimized in the 1.1. If that won't help will make a smaller textures pack especially for VR use.

IP Logged

macejoj

v 1.1 performance
Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
thanks for the update.
No improvement re performance yet ?
(same or even little bit less FPS after upgrade..)
JM

IP Logged

Coqui297

Re: v 1.1 performance
Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Agree on the performance. I noticed a few less FPS than the previous version !

Carlos F. Rodriguez/ KOCF

IP Logged

Togismo

Re: Performance (the only topic)
Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
ca 8 fps less.... Embarrassed-(

IP Logged

trevors

Frame rates in FSX
Reply #8 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I have my frame rate locked at 35 in fsx.
I have the another company 737, 747 and 777, another company 787, Majestic 8-400 and
I get 35fps in the VC with all of them.
The frame rate in external view with the CS 757 is also 35, but once in the VC, it drops right down to 25. (No stutters, however).
Is there a way to get this up to 35?

Trevor

Trevor

IP Logged

HoldDelta

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Hi Cs,
Have the standard Resolution textures for the virtual cockpit been rolled out already or are they yet to be released. Furthermore, would it be possible to implement the ability to change the gauge refresh rates to optimise performance?
Thanks HoldDelta

Freddie Charlesworth

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
HoldDelta wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 6:08am:
Have the standard Resolution textures for the virtual cockpit been rolled out already

Yes, but the textures do not affect fps much. The systems code and animations does.

Quote:
Furthermore, would it be possible to implement the ability to change the gauge refresh rates to optimise performance?

Well, hardware upgrade sounds betterĀ  Wink

IP Logged

HoldDelta

Reply #11 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your reply Thantheleon.
Performance seems to be no problem on my build with other aircraft similar to the 757 in system fidelity as well as other fields. It's still usable only seems more prone to poor performance and wondered as to if anything additional would assist but if not I can understand given the model and animations.
Cheers

Freddie Charlesworth

IP Logged

Redz Carib268

Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
HoldDelta wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
Thanks for your reply Thantheleon.
Performance seems to be no problem on my build with other aircraft similar to the 757 in system fidelity as well as other fields. It's still usable only seems more prone to poor performance and wondered as to if anything additional would assist but if not I can understand given the model and animations.
Cheers

I agree here.... Outside, the FPS are fine.. but once in the VC, it just makes it very annoying to fly.....

I do not like comparing other people's work.... As a result, we are really pleading that you guys look into this soonest as it really renders - for some - the plane unflyable ... not because it cannot fly, but the impact it has when flying.

Regards,
P'Rez

Regards,

IP Logged

WBarry1992

LOW FPS and Stutters
Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I get low fps (high 20's low 30's) in the vc and outside. I have turned off the first officer displays and volume light. I also stutters when looking around. This also happens in the CS B737-200. I get good fps and almost zero stutters in other aircraft.Any ideas?

IP Logged

macejoj

version 1.2. performance
Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Hello, after upgrading to v 1.2 the performance in VC view is still isibly lower than other heavy add.ons.
Any plans to somehow optimize ? Or any other set-up trick ?
many thanks !
JM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top